Get involved! Send your photos, video, news & views by texting KS NEWS to 80360 or e-mail us
Can you rise to the Shuttle Challenge?
11:53am Wednesday 9th January 2013 in News
DO you want a complete lifestyle change in 2013 to help you lose weight?
If so, you should be looking to rise to the Biggest Loser Challenge being set by The Shuttle and Kidderminster’s 24/7 Fitness.
We are joining forces with the fitness club based at Foley Grove to help eight overweight readers change their lives at the start of a new year.
If you lack motivation, use fad diets, lack confidence and need encouragement to change your ways, we want to hear from you.
This is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity at no cost to the eight participants we select.
Anyone who lives in Wyre Forest and wants to lose weight is eligible for the challenge which is worth £540 per person.
Our challenge will see 24/7 Fitness offer a gym membership and five personal training sessions per week for eight people who commit to a weekly challenge.
This could be anything from a circuits class, a 5k running or walking course, spin session or boxercise session.
The eight people chosen will be split into four groups of two and will be allocated their own personal trainer.
These trainers will provide motivation and encouragement to get them through the sessions as well as a varied exercise programme and a suitable healthy eating plan to help them shed the pounds.
Each person will need to make sure they attend all the personal trainer sessions and complete the weekly challenge to get the most out of the scheme and achieve positive results. The tough diet and gruelling exercise is not easy, so you must be determined to do this.
We hope to publish regular updates on how the challengers are getting on and how much weight they are losing as they tackle the eight-week course.
All of the participants will be measured on the percentage of bodyweight they lose over the eight weeks, although there will be no overall winner.
The fitness club will consider all the entries before selecting the lucky eight to take part and at the end of the eight-week challenge, participants will receive a makeover with Shelley@Lush Beauty and be invited to a party at nu bar in Kidderminster to celebrate their achievements.
HOW TO APPLY
- To apply, let us know why you think we should choose you for the challenge.
- We want to know your goals, age, height and weight and what motivates you.
- We also want to know what you have tried and failed at when trying to lose weight in the past and what this means to you now.
- In addition we want you to write your own motivational slogan which should be designed to help you get through the tough times ahead.
- If you want to be one of our eight biggest losers, send us the details we require by completing the coupon on Page 14 of this week's print edition of The Shuttle or download the page from the eedition which appears on this site on Thursday morning.
- Send your entry to Biggest Loser Challenge, Kidderminster Shuttle, 6 Towers Building, Blackwell Street, Kidderminster DY10 2DY.
- Closing date for entries is Friday, January 18.