Get involved! Send your photos, video, news & views by texting KS NEWS to 80360 or e-mail us
Chimney fire in Kidderminster
4:40pm Monday 14th January 2013 in News
KIDDERMINSTER firefighters were called to a chimney fire in Kidderminster.
It happened at a house in Roden Avenue just before 7.30pm on Sunday.
Hereford and Worcester Fire and Rescue Service (HWFRS) has now reissued its chimney safety advice, after attending a number of chimney fire call-outs over the weekend.
Station commander Alan Haley from HWFRS’s community safety department, said: “While many of the chimney fires we attend are fairly small, a fire in a chimney can spread into the roof space of a property and can even destroy a home completely.
“Regular cleaning of chimneys and flues, however, will help eliminate the build-up of soot and clear obstructions such as bird nests and leaves - minimising the risk of a fire.”