Get involved! Send your photos, video, news & views by texting KS NEWS to 80360 or e-mail us
Firefighters tackle Stourport chimney blaze
FIREFIGHTERS from Kidderminster have extinguished a chimney fire at a house in Stourport.
Crews were called to the incident in Areley Court on Sunday evening.
Station commander Alan Haley from Hereford and Worcester Fire and Rescue Service’s community safety department said chimney fires could be avoided through good care and maintenance.
“It’s been very cold at times this winter and undoubtedly those with real fires or woodburning stoves will have been lighting them on a regular basis to help heat their homes,” he added.
“Clearly the more a fire has been used, the faster the build up of soot and debris and we would urge anyone whose chimney is due a clean to book an appointment now to avoid the increased risk of fire and the damage and injury it can cause.”
For more information, visit hwfire.org.uk