Get involved! Send your photos, video, news & views by texting KS NEWS to 80360 or e-mail us
Faulty gas barbecue causes fire in Bewdley
9:04am Monday 19th August 2013 in News
A FIRE caused by a faulty gas barbecue in Bewdley destroyed patio furniture and decking.
Fire crews from Kidderminster were called to Threlfall Drive at 7.30pm yesterday to tackle the fire, which also spread to the property and damaged patio doors.
The owners and guests were using the barbecue at the time and saw a rush of gas before it ignited.
They had safely evacuated from the garden and property before Hereford and Worcester Fire and Rescue Service arrived.
The fire service were in attendance for about one hour as they carried out home fire safety tests after dealing with the incident.
Watch commander Len Rees said: “We want to remind people to be extra careful when using gas barbecues. People think they are more safe. It wasn’t the case in this fire but people often don’t clean or maintain them properly and there could be a possibility of a fire.”
Comments are closed on this article.