Get involved! Send your photos, video, news & views by texting KS NEWS to 80360 or e-mail us
Two people treated for electric shocks at two Wyre Forest schools
4:55pm Thursday 3rd October 2013 in News
TWO people have been treated for electric shocks in two separate Wyre Forest schools half an hour apart.
West Midlands Ambulance Service was called to both incidents, the first at Lickhill Primary School in Stourport at 2.58pm and the second at about 3.30pm at the Bewdley School and Sixth Form Centre today.
An ambulance, rapid response vehicle and paramedic attended the first incident to find a man in his 30s had received an electric shock while digging the ground.
An ambulance service spokesman said: “The man was treated at the scene and transfered to Worcestershire Royal Hospital.”
The second incident involved a women, believed to be in her 20s or 30s, who suffered an electric shock from a plug socket at the Bewdley School.
A paramedic and rapid response vehicle attended the scene and treated the woman at the school.
Lickhill Primary School has since announced on its website that it will be closed tomorrow following a power and water failure.
A statement reads: “School will be closed tomorrow, Friday October 4, 2013. We have had a power and water failure but are working to resolve the problem. We plan to be open as usual on Monday. Thank you for your continued support.”
Comments are closed on this article.