Residents can call for Cleobury vote

Kidderminster Shuttle: Residents can call for Cleobury vote Residents can call for Cleobury vote

ELECTORS in Cleobury Mortimer can request for an election to be held after a parish councillor resigned.

Councillor Andrew Davies handed in his resignation on Friday, February 28, leaving a vacancy on Cleobury Mortimer Parish Council.

Rules state 10 electors in the ward must request Shropshire Council's returning officer hold an election to fill the seat by Friday, March 28. If a request is not received, the parish council will appoint someone.

Residents can request the poll for a new councillor by going to For more information, call 0345 678 9015.


Comments are closed on this article.


About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree