Get involved! Send your photos, video, news & views by texting KS NEWS to 80360 or e-mail us
Fire crews called to incident at Bewdley hotel
9:06am Monday 6th August 2012 in News
A FIRE broke out in an indoor swimming pool room this morning at a Bewdley hotel.
Fightfighters were called to the Mercure Hotel in Habberley Road at about 1.30am where a motor is believed to have blown out.
The incident occured in the plant room of the leisure centre which is separate to the main hotel building.
Two fire crews from Kidderminster and an incident response unit from Droitwich attended the scene as well as an environmental protection unit from Stourport due to fears that the fire would spread to chemicals stored for use in the swimming pool.
The fire was under control after an hour and fire damage was restricted to the motor. Some smoke damage also occurred in the plant room.
An ambulance also attended as precaution though no-one was hurt.
Comments are closed on this article.