Get involved! Send your photos, video, news & views by texting KS NEWS to 80360 or e-mail us
Councillor defends approval of 40 new homes
8:00am Thursday 20th September 2012 in News
A PLANNING chief has defended a committee’s decision to approve plans for 40 new homes in Blakedown after the proposals came under fire from councillors and residents.
Conservative Stephen Williams, chairman of Wyre Forest District Council planning committee, said members based their decision “on the facts presented to them”.
They gave Barratts West Midlands the go-ahead to build 42 new homes at the former Blakedown Nurseries site, in Bebroughton Road, during their meeting on Tuesday last week.
Jim Long, of Churchill and Blakedown Parish Council, told The Shuttle last week, however, that the planning application went ahead without the concerns of local councillors and residents being properly being taken into account.
Mr Williams explained: “A representative from Blakedown Parish Council presented their opinions on the application at the planning committee in August .
“A decision was deferred so a site visit could be made.
When the application came before the committee again in September, Blakedown Parish Council made a further lengthy representation.
“The officer’s recommendations were based on local and national planning policy.
As at every planning committee, the members made a decision based on the facts presented to them.
In this case the committee decided to approve the application subject to the signing of a Section 106 agreement."