Get involved! Send your photos, video, news & views by texting KS NEWS to 80360 or e-mail us
Wyre Forest fundraisers to brew up for Macmillan
Buy this photo » Kettle’s on: From left, OGL staff Donna Perry, David Jubb, Kelly Whitehouse of Macmillan Cancer Support, Kash Gill and Natalie Watton will be brewing up to raise funds.
FUNDRAISERS across Wyre Forest will be sticking the kettle on for Macmillan Cancer Support’s World’s Biggest Coffee Morning.
Individuals, organisations and companies are taking part in the event to raise funds to support cancer patients and their families in Worcestershire.
The official coffee morning day is Friday, September 27, but events are being held throughout the week.
The charity is hoping to raise more than £15 million nationally and it is hoped Wyre Forest residents can chip in about £30,000.
Businesses such as OGL Computer Services in Stourport will be holding an event on Friday, September 27 for its staff.
Communications manager at OGL’s Stourport site, Cindy Horwood, said: “As a business we feel it is important to contribute to our community, cancer affects everyone in some way and we were impressed and inspired by the enthusiasm at Macmillan.
“We are extremely excited to be supporting Macmillan in the Wyre Forest and look forward to working with our staff and customers on such a fun event as World’s Biggest Coffee Morning.”
Churchill Retirement Living is supporting Macmillan by pledging to donate £5 for every visitor who attends a Macmillan coffee morning.
Its Stourport site, Mitton Lodge, in Vale Road, will be hosting a coffee morning on Wednesday from 10.30am to 12.30pm.
Churchill are encouraging as many people aged 60 or over to visit and make the event a success.
Spencer McCarthy, Churchill’s chairman and group managing director said: “We are proud to be supporting this charity for the fifth year in a row and will do everything we can to raise much needed funds.”
Individuals are also holding coffee mornings in memory of family members or friends they have lost to cancer.
Sarn White is hosting an event on Saturday, September 28 at Bewdley Baptist Church in memory of her father Clive White who died of cancer three years ago.
She also wishes to thank Macmillan for the support she and her family received and to help other people affected by cancer.
Co-owners of Coffee Lounge, in Oxford Street, Kidderminster, Justine Lewis and Sharon Rowles are holding a coffee morning at the shop on Friday, September 27 from 9am to 6pm in memory of their two friends who both died of breast cancer.
The event is being held in memory of Nikki Usowicz who died in September last year and Zoe Lloyd who died a few months ago.
Coffee Lounge also has Macmillan Cancer Support collection box in the shop for people to donate at any time.
More Wyre Forest events
Saturday, September 21
- All Saints Church, in Wribbenhall from 10.30am. Cake sale, raffle, face painting, book sale, art and craft sale and cake competition judged by Worcestershire county councillor Gordon Yarranton. Hosted by Gail Lawrence - 01299 401685.
Wednesday, September 25
- Areley Kings Village Hall from 10am. Coffee, homemade cakes, a raffle, confectionery sale and a bring and buy sale. Hosted by the Friends of the Village Hall.
- Pensax Thrift Shop at Pensax Village Hall, on the B4202 between Abberley and Clows Top, from 9am to 11am.
- Mitton Lodge, in Vale Road, Stourport, from 10.30am to 12.30pm in the Owners’ Lounge. Hosted by Churchill Retirement Living - 0800 458 1857.
- Macmillan Information Unit, Kidderminster Hospital and Treatment Centre from 10am to 1pm. Hosted by Macmillan Information Specialist Nicky Perks.
Thursday, September 26
- Corn Exchange at Kidderminster Town Hall from 10am. Coffee and homemade cakes. Hosted by Kidderminster and District Lions Club. Visit kidderminsterlions.org.uk or call 0845 833 7483.
- Bewdley Rowing Club, Riverside North, in Bewdley, from 11am to 1pm. Anyone who would like to help on the day or can donate cakes or raffle prizes can call Carol Gittins on 01299 404113.
Friday, September 27
- Milton Hall Baptist Church, in Lorne Street, Kidderminster from 10am to noon. Coffee, cake and a bring and buy sale. Hosted by Anne and Eric Mole - 01562 822113.
- Market Hall in Cleobury Mortimer from 10am to noon. Hosted by the Cleobury Mortimer branch of Macmillan Cancer Support.
- Coffee Lounge, in Oxford Street, Kidderminster from 9am to 6pm. Coffee, cake and a raffle. Hosted by co-owner Justine Lewis - 07870 435019
Saturday, September 28
- Bewdley Baptist Church, in High Street, Bewdley from 10am to 1pm. Crafts and cakes for sale. Hosted by Sarn White.
To find out more about the World’s Biggest Coffee Morning visit macmillan.org.uk/coffee, facebook.com/macmillanworcestershire or call 0845 602 1246.
Are you holding a coffee morning for Macmillan Cancer Support? Email your event details to email@example.com
Comments are closed on this article.