Get involved! Send your photos, video, news & views by texting KS NEWS to 80360 or e-mail us
Kidderminster woman and dog rescued from kitchen fire
9:12am Wednesday 9th October 2013 in Local
A KIDDERMINSTER woman and her dog were rescued from their home after a fire broke out in the kitchen.
Hereford and Worcester Fire and Rescue Service were called to the property in Wordsworth Crescent at 12.50am today.
Firefighters rescued a 42-year-old woman, who was taken to Worcestershire Royal Hospital as a precaution, and her dog from the property.
Watch Commander Simon Cusack said: “We just want to make people aware that this lady survived as her smoke detector was operating. If people don’t have working smoke alarms we can do free home fire safety checks.”
The cause of the fire was that an electric steamer had been left on the hob. A small amount of fire and smoke damage has been caused to the kitchen of the property.
Two crews from Kidderminster and one crew from Stourport attended the incident and were at the scene for about one hour and a half.
West Midlands Ambulance Service also sent a rapid response vehicle.
To book a free home fire safety check call 0800 032 1155.
Comments are closed on this article.