Get involved! Send your photos, video, news & views by texting KS NEWS to 80360 or e-mail us
Kitchen fire in Kidderminster
11:16am Friday 7th September 2012 in Local
A FIRE broke out at a Kidderminster house while the residents were out after books were left too close to an electric cooker hob.
Neighbours raised the alarm after they heard the smoke alarm activate at the house in Jubilee Drive at about 10.15am yesterday.
Two fire crews from Kidderminster were sent to the scene and used hose reel and covering jets to bring the small kitchen fire under control.
Smoke was then cleared from the property using positive pressure ventilation equipment.
Station Commander Alan Haley, of Hereford and Worcester Fire and Rescue Service's community safety department, said: “We would remind people to keep an eye on their cooking at all times and to be sure that books, magazines, tea-towels and any flammable items are kept well away from the stove.”
Comments are closed on this article.