Rampant KCs deflate Dunlop

Kidderminster Shuttle: Man of the match: Mitchell Hardwick scored three tries as KCs put Dunlop the sword. Picture: Clickspeed Photography. Man of the match: Mitchell Hardwick scored three tries as KCs put Dunlop the sword. Picture: Clickspeed Photography.

Kidderminster Carolians 65, Dunlop 14

A SCINTILLATING eight-try second half display by Kidderminster Carolians blew away their Coventry visitors in a one-sided Midlands Two West (South) clash.

The Marlpool Lane side had edged the first half 17-7 but turned it up a gear after the break to run over Dunlop.

With Andy McLellan pulling the strings, KCs were in dominant mood but were unable to make the breakthrough.

They were hampered by the loss of the injured Jake Evetts who was replaced at centre by Rob Phillips.

Dunlop missed a penalty but the home side came to life when Laurence Hughes passed to Tom Maher.

He was held up but he set-up scrum-half Chris Pinner, who darted over for the opening try.

The away side responded with a score of their own to edged 7-5 ahead.

Hughes restored Kidderminster’s lead when he outpaced the cover to run in under the posts for a try which Chris Morgan converted.

On the stroke of half-time skipper Rob Delahay finished off a line-out drive to extend the hosts’ advantage to 17-7 but the match appeared to be still very much in the balance.

Layton Wilkinson got the scoring spree rolling early in the second half when he drove over from the lineout to secure the bonus point.

Three minutes later, Mitchell Hardwick broke from inside his own half to go under the posts for a lovely individual effort, which was improved by Pinner, Hardwick saw his efforts pay off as he forced a covering defender to concede a scrum and was then push under for the posts for his second score.

Pinner converted and Wilkinson quickly added another five points to put rampant KCs out of sight at 41-7, after blitzing the shell-shocked visitors with four tries in only 12 minutes.

Dunlop grabbed their second touch down of the game but that barely slowed down Kidderminster, who continued to run riot.

Maher rounded off some fluid handling with a try at the right corner before Wilkinson went over to complete his hat-trick.

Pinner’s excellent conversion from wide out stretched the lead to 53-14 and a Morgan break was backed up by more slick passing to put Hillandale Caravans man of the match Hardwick in for his own hat-trick.

The game ended with Pinner running through a tiring defence to score a final touch down as KCs recorded their biggest win of the season.


Comments are closed on this article.


Get Adobe Flash player
About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree