WORCESTERSHIRE Rapids crashed to a 153-run defeat against Surrey in the Royal London One-Day Cup semi-final at New Road.

In reply to Surrey's 363-7 from 50 overs, Worcestershire were dismissed for 210 in the 34th over.

Brett D'Oliveira and Ross Whiteley struck half-centuries after Moeen Ali's quick-fire 36.

But former Worcestershire skipper Gareth Batty took 5-40 from nine overs.

Worcestershire had been bidding to reach their first Lord’s final since 2004.

England batsman Jason Roy returned to form with a hard-hitting 92 from just 81 balls as Surrey made a rip-roaring start in the scorching heat after winning the toss.

Wicketkeeper Ben Foakes blasted 86 from 70 balls and Kumar Sangakkara made 73 from 72 deliveries as Surrey dominated.

Australian ace John Hastings took the brunt of Surrey's free scoring, finishing with 1-98 from 10 overs.

Roy raced to his 50 from just 37 balls as he laid a strong platform with Mark Stoneman (41)  as Surrey roared to 90-0 from 10 overs.

Surrey brought up their 100 without loss in just 13 overs before Moeen (1-55 from 10) struck the first blow, clean-bowling Stoneman.

After Stoneman departed, Sangakkara looked in tremendous form as Surrey reached 179-1 at the half-way stage.

Daryl Mitchell (1-59 from 10) accounted for the dangerous Roy, whom he trapped LBW.

Roy's destructive innings included 12 fours and a six.

D'Oliveira (1-39 from seven) then broke through, bowling Rory Burns (5) to reduce Surrey to 186-3 in the 27th over.

The impressive Sangakkara, who hit six fours and two sixes, was brilliantly caught down the legside by the diving Ben Cox off Hastings with Surrey at 259 in the 39th over.

Foakes kept the pressure on Worcestershire's attack, racing to a run-a-ball half-century.

Ollie Pope (22) was caught and bowled by skipper Joe Leach (2-66 from eight) with Surrey at 310-5 from 45.1 overs.

Foakes continued his late assault until he was run-out by Whiteley's direct throw from deep mid-wicket as he chanced a second.

Sam Curran (21 from 14) trod on his own stumps attempting a pull shot from Leach's short ball.

Tom Curran finished on nine not out and Surrey captain Batty (1 not out).

Josh Tongue finished with 0-25 from four with Ed Barnard's single over costing 17 runs.

In pursuit of their highest-ever score in List-A cricket against first-class opposition, Worcestershire lost Mitchell for a duck in the second over.

And Tom Fell was then involved in a mix-up and run-out for just two as Worcestershire slipped to 33-2 in the fifth over.

Moeen gave Worcestershire hope, blazing five fours and two sixes.

However, the England all-rounder holed out for 36 off the bowling of Jade Dernbach as the hosts fell to 42-3 in the seventh over.

D'Oliveira and Joe Clarke repaired the early damage, putting on 48 runs for the fourth wicket.

Clarke (15) was caught behind off Batty in the 15th over with 90 runs on the scoreboard.

Hastings (3) was then caught by Burns in the deep off Batty.

D'Oliveira reached his half-century off 40 balls before being trapped LBW by Batty for 53, containing six fours and a six.

D'Oliveira's dismissal left Worcestershire in trouble at 115-6.

Cox chipped Batty to Dernbach at long off for 13 as the spinner claimed his fourth wicket in five overs.

Whiteley's aggressive strokeplay entertained the home fans before skipper Leach (7) struck Batty to Pope at long on.

Ed Barnard (9) drove Dernbach straight to Batty at mid-off to put Surrey on the brink of victory.

The hard-hitting Whiteley cracked four sixes and three sixes to provide some late fireworks for the 4,200-strong crowd.

He brought up his half-century off 33 balls.

Whiteley eventually holed out in the deep for 55 off Sam Curran (2-19 from 5.2) as Worcestershire suffered a 153-run hiding.

Dernbach finished with 2-64 from eight overs, while Tom Curran returned 0-48 from six, and Ravi Rampaul, 0-39 from five.