HARRIERS remain without a win this season after they were beaten 1-0 at Nuneaton Town in National League North.

John Eustace had opted to make one change to the starting eleven off the back of the opening day defeat to Chorley at Aggborough; out came Manny Sonupe and in came Josh Webb, the defender slotting in at right-back as Sam Austin pushed further up field.

The game was plenty lively to start and there was a solid chance at either end with barely a dozen minutes on the clock, Ashley Chambers seeing a long-range effort well dealt with by Brandon Hall at one end before Harriers, through Dan Nti, countered with a chance of their own that Dean Lyness tipped away – Josh Webb firing the follow-up over bar.

On the balance of play it was the hosts who had the better of the period that followed; they should perhaps have found a breakthrough but were wasteful in front of goal, Jordan Nicholson the chief offender as he was wayward with a number of efforts, the best of them being midway through the half as he advanced on goal but fired wide.

Tyrone Williams had the only other real chance for Harriers before the break as he saw a shot deflected over from a corner, Nuneaton wasting no time in going close after the restart as Trotman forced Hall into a good save within 40 seconds.

The second half was far more open almost from the off, Croasdale and Nti each going close for Harriers while Nicholson again featured up at the other end, Chambers also dragging wide just after the hour.

The introduction of new signing Bradley at the break gave Harriers a boost and inside the last quarter-hour he almost capped a dream return with a goal as he surged forward with the ball, driving a shot at goal that beat Lyness but fizzed narrowly wide of the far post.

Just when the night looked set to end with everything even, Nuneaton struck with a devastating blow in the dying seconds when, on the counter, Collins’ low ball was turned home by Chambers to the delight of the home fans.

HARRIERS: Hall, Webb, Keane, Daly, Williams, Croasdale, Nti, McQuilkin, Ironside, Weeks (Bradley 46), Austin (Ngwatala 68) Subs not used: Digie, Truslove, Brown Attendance: 781 Referee: Simon Mather