Harriers 0, Peterborough 0

INSPIRED Harriers  more than matched League One Peterborough at Aggborough to force a replay in the FA Cup Third Round.

The Carpetmen played their part and had the game's better chances with United keeper Bobby Olejnik called into action on numerous occasions.

Lee Vaughan squandered a fine chance to fire the Skrill Premier outfit ahead.

Keeper Danny Lewis was in defiant mood as The Posh raised their game and hit the woodwork three times in ten seconds late on.

The two sides will go again at London Road on Tuesday, January 14.

Staff and volunteers had worked hard to make sure the game would go ahead after Kidderminster was hit by heavy rain.

Harriers made two changes from the side which lost 6-0 at Luton.

With Chey Dunkley suspended, Mickey Demetriou was drafted into central defence.

Lee Fowler was also preferred to Jack Byrne in central midfield.

Kidderminster nearly had the perfect start but they were denied by the woodwork in the first minute.

Joe Lolley's driven cross hit a defender before ricocheting to safety off the  post.

Harriers continued to tear into their League One opponents, with keeper Bobby Olejnik forced into action by Lee Vaughan's 20-yard effort.

Gash quickly headed the ball goalwards but Kgosi Nithe headed off the line.

The Posh were rattled but Lee Tomlin guided a shot over the line to illustrate United's potential.

Vaughan was then booked for a blatant dive in the box.

Lolley's pace and directness was causing United's defence all sorts of problems and he chased down a long ball before his low shot was saved by Olejnik.

United slowly but surely got themselves back into the game and Danny Jackman was shown a yellow for impeding Tomlinson as he led a counter-attack.

Kidderminster keeper Danny Lewis was called into action, going to his fit to get to Tomlinson's on target free-kick.

United made a bright start to the second half but Lewis kept them at bay three minutes after the re-start, when he showed lightning fast reactions to tip over Assombalonga's bullet header.

The hosts suffered a set back when the injured Callum Gittings was replaced by on-loan Burton man Jack Dyer, who made his Harriers debut.

Josh Gowling produced a brace diving block to get in the way of Newell's goal bound shot.

The home side were being pushed back but the attack-minded Vaughan was handed a gilt-edged chance in the 63rd minute.

Kyle Storer's brilliant pass allowed the right back to race free but with just Olejnik to beat he smashed it wide.

The Posh continued to dominate but they were reduced to pot-shots, with Jack Payne smashing a typically high effort over the bar.

Posh skipper Michael Bostwick hit a free-kick high and wide in the 77th minute.

Harriers' goal continued to have a charmed life as United hit the woodwork three times in ten seconds.

Tomlin's free-kick hit the bar and during an almighty scramble, while Assombalonga and Shaun Brisley were also denied by the post.

There was also a suggestion Assombalonga's effort has crossed the line had been missed.

The hard-working Gash then saw a free-kick fly over the bar and in the final minute of added time Gowling's effort was blocked by Mark Little.

Harriers: Lewis, L Vaughan, Demetriou, Storer, Fowler (Byrne, 63), Gash, Jackman, Gittings (Dyer, 51) , Lolley, Morgan-Smith (Malbon, 71), Gowling.

Subs not used: Johnson, Angus, Grimes, N Vaughan.

Peterborough: Olejnik, Little, Nithe, Bostwick, Brisley, Tomlin, Anderson, Payne, Newell, Jeffers, Assombalonga.

Subs not used: Day, Knight-Percival, Swanson, Carthy, Marshall, Conlon, McCann.

Referee: John Moss (West Yorks).

Attendance: 3858 (875)