Harriers 2, Worcester City 1

HARRIERS hit two second half goals as they came from behind to beat local rivals Worcester City.

The home side had to be patient for large periods as City worked hard to close down the space and stifle their attacking play.

But a spirited second period eventually saw Harriers come back through star man Josh McQuilkin and an own goal from Sam Oji in front of the biggest crowd of the season at Aggborough.

Worcester, who ended the contest with ten men after Lee Hughes saw red late on, had taken the lead in the first half through Junior English as Harriers struggled to get going.

The hosts did create the first chance on four minutes as Arthur Gnahoua curled a left-footed effort off the outside of the post.

However, the home side failed to build any sort of momentum as City worked hard to close down the space.

The visitors then broke the deadlock on 23 minutes when Junior English fired across keeper Alex Palmer after controlling a ball into the box from the left.

Tyrell Waite passed up Harriers' best chance of the half on 29 minutes when he fired wide with just Ethan Ross to beat after he was played in by Elton Ngwatala.

It was a half of few real openings and quickly became a scrappy affair, which more than suited the visitors.

The hosts had a penalty shot waved away on 41 minutes after McQuilkin went down under the challenge of Cieron Keane.

Gnahoua then spurned another rare opportunity two minutes before the break as he poked an effort wide at he far post after McQuilkin's deep ball in.

But Harriers continued to be frustrated as their neat build-up play broke down in the final third.

They needed a spark in the second half and got it through substitute Sam Austin.

He came on at half time and was soon in the thick of the action in an advanced position from full back.

The hosts were soon keeping Worcester pegged back and dominating possession.

They levelled just past he hour mark when Zain Francis-Angol's drilled cross found McQuilkin at the far post to tap home.

The winner came on 80 minutes when Sam Oji put past his own keeper as he tried to cut out another dangerous cross from Austin.

Harriers could have wrapped up the game late on but Darryl Knights fired at Ross after being played in.

City's afternoon ended on a sour not as former Kidderminster forward Lee Hughes saw red for kicking out at Ngwatala.

Worcester had a late opening to take a point but Jordan Keane fired over from the edge of the box.

That would have been harsh on Harriers who deserved the points after their second half showing.

Harriers:Palmer, Williams (Austin 45), Francis-Angol (Truslove 71), Croasdale, Lowe (c), Tunnicliffe, Waite (Knights 58), McQuilkin, Dieseruvwe, Ngwatala, Gnahoua.

Unused Subs: Brown, Carter.

Worcester: Ross, Weir, C. Keane, Oji (c), Hutchison, J. Keane, Steele, English, L. Hughes, Nelson-Addy (Chambers 83), C. Hughes (Murphy 20).

Subs: Draper, Gallinagh, Craig.

Att: 2,762 (401)