Harriers 3, Ebbsfleet United 0

KIDDERMINSTER progressed into the third round of the FA Trophy with an accomplished display against their Southern League counterparts Ebbsfleet Town.

Boss John Eustace demanded a reaction after last weekend's league defeat at Salford and he got that from his players.

Goals in the first half from full backs Tyrone Williams and Josh Ezewele, making is debut after a loan move from Yeovil, put the hosts well in control.

Andre Brown's strike in the second half wrapped up proceedings as Harriers booked their place in the next round.

The home side were quicker out of the blocks at a cold yet clear Aggborough and were soon dominating possession.

Brown rattled the bar after just six minutes when he latched onto a neat through ball by Josh McQuilkin but fired too high from close range.

That quick start then saw Sam Austin force keeper Nathan Ashmore to claw away his goal bound effort from the edge of the box.

However, Ebbsfleet soon settled down and worked hard to close the space and force their way into the contest.

They burst to life and managed to work two chances of their own as Jack Powell struck the outside of the post from a free kick on 17 minutes and Sam Deering headed at Alex Palmer a minute later.

But the hosts were soon back on top as they continued to pass the ball around well.

They broke the deadlock on 35 minutes through debutant left back Ezewele following a fine solo run.

He beat the first defender out wide before continuing his run along he touch line and finishing low under Ashmore from a narrow angle.

That advantage was doubled just four minutes later when fellow full back Tyrone Williams deliberately deflected McQuilkin's low drive from distance past the despairing dive of Ashmore.

It was no more than Harriers deserved as they finally found themselves well on top going into the break.

The second half was a much more scrappy affair with the home side happy for large periods to sit on their advantage and nullify any attempt by the visitors to find a way back.

They organised Reds defence had the measure of any Ebbsfleet attack as the contest became a little disjointed.

The visitors did work Palmer on 51 minutes when Darren McQueen hit a weak effort at the keeper, but he was untroubled for the rest of the half.

Arthur Gnahoua suddenly got himself in the game approaching the hour mark and also forced two good saves from Ashmore.

The killer third goal arrived on 71 minutes when Brown fired in Darryl Knights' cross from the right.

Harriers were more than comfortable in the second half and will now look to Monday's draw to see who they'll face in the third round.

Harriers: Palmer, Williams, Ezewele (Truslove 60), Croasdale, Lowe (c), Tunnicliffe, Ausin, McQuilkin, Brown, Knights, Gnahoua.

Unused Subs: Dieseruwe, Waite, Ngwatala, Thomas.

Ebbsfleet: Ashmore, Cook, Connors, Phillips, McCoy, Clark, Rance, Deering (Shields 45), Kedwell (c), McQueen (Bubb 70), Powell (Lewis 45).

Unused Subs: Miles, Johnson.