Fresh from a fantastic home win over Stockport County days prior, Harriers were able to name an unchanged starting eleven.

In fact, the only change for the squad as a whole came on the bench as Mani Dieseruvwe replaced Josh Ezewele.

The game kicked of in torrential rain that battered the pitch for much of the half, though it was Harriers who worked the better of the chances.

Home stopper Laurie Walker was put to work swiftly; on ten minutes he was down to claw away an effort from Arthur Gnahoua.

Town had to wait until past the half-hour before they could get their first chance at goal and when it came, James Armson’s drive flew plenty wide.

The half began for Harriers from there; a great set-play saw Waite strike both posts before the ball bounced clear, before the same man drove a firm volley just off target.

Then, two minutes before the break, it was James McQuilkin who took his team close to a lead – he drove at Laurie from 20 yards with a low effort that swerved horribly before the stopper could parry it away.

Harriers finished that half well but were under pressure early in the second – Steve Diggin could and should have put his side in front after stealing the ball inside the area only to find the shot blocked on the line.

Darryl Knights and Waite would then strike off target for Harriers, and in the most cruel of fashion’s John Eustace’s men were made to pay for not being more efficient in front of goal as the home side struck.

The late introduction of Moyo seemed an inspirational move as he nabbed both efforts in the space of a couple of minutes at the game’s climax, lashing an effort on the angle after having penalty appeals for a handball waved away, then doubling the lead after getting beyond his man and beating the goalkeeper.

HARRIERS: Palmer, Francis-Angol, Williams, Lowe, Tunnicliffe, Croasdale, McQuilkin, Ngwatala (Knights 33), Gnahoua, Waite (Truslove 84), Brown (Dieseruvwe 64).

Subs not used: Austin, Carter Attendance: 371 Referee: Elliot Kay