Harriers comfortably got themselves back to winning ways on Saturday as they downed Alfreton 3-0 at Aggborough.

Having gone almost 200 minutes without scoring and suffering back-to-back defeats, the team purred during a dominant first-half display that sealed the points; James McQuilkin, Liam Truslove and Tyrell Waite the men on target.

The reds were dealt something of a below before the game as it was confirmed top scorer was missing with a hamstring injury.

That forced John Eustace to shuffle the pack and he gave Tyrell Waite the Number 9 role, while making a number of changes to the starting line-up as Sam Austin, Liam Truslove and new signing Daniel Nti were all handed the chance to impress from the off.

While Sam Hornby was truly tested at one end, his opposite number Fabian Spiess was all that prevented Harriers’ margin of victory being double what it ended – he made strong, early saves to deny Truslove and Nti before Harriers eventually took the lead.

The breakthrough came on 19 minutes; McQuilkin coolly converting from the spot after Jordan Tunnicliffe had been fouled in the area by Adam Smith.

Eight minutes later the lively Truslove made it two; he latched on to a well-worked corner routine to drill a shot through a crowd of bodies that deflected its way past Spiess.

Before Alfreton could really settle the game was over – just three minutes after the second goal came the third, a superb low cross from Josh Ezewele found Waite all alone in the area as he turned the ball into the bottom corner.

Zaine Francis-Angol was denied by Spiess as he looked to make it four – so too Sam Austin in the half’s final moments as Harriers took a commanding lead into the break that, despite a battling effort, Alfreton never really looked like denting in the second 45.

That had one shot of note in the entire game and it came soon after the break as veteran hit-man Westcarr shot straight at Hornby.

In the end it was down once again to Spiess to ensure his side weren’t truly thumped as Harriers pressed for more goals late on, the best of a late rally of chances coming from substitute Andre Brown.

The best of his attempts game with a little over ten left to play, powerfully driving the ball at goal only for the ‘keeper to parry it away from danger.

HARRIERS: Hornby, Ezewele, Francis-Angol (Carter 67), Croasdale, Lowe, Tunnicliffe, Nti (Knights 69), McQuilkin, Waite (Brown 75), Truslove, Austin.

Subs not used: Dieseruvwe, Williams.

Attendance: 1,542 Referee: Martin Woods