Hereford 1, Harriers 1

JOSH Gowling ensured it was honours even at Edgar Street as he plundered a second half leveller on Tuesday night.

A draw was a fair result in a game where they was plenty of effort but little in attacking quality.

Kidderminster had fallen behind to Josh O'Keefe's 61st minute effort but centre back Gowling replied soon after.

A point ensured it was honours even in a typically scrappy derby but was not enough to lift them back the Skrill Premier although they did rise one spot to seventh.

Manager Andy Thorn made two changes from the side which played so well at Premier League Sunderland in the FA Cup at the weekend.

Marvin Johnson was left out of the squad completely and Adrian Cieslewicz was handed his first start.

Freddie Ladapo was preferred ahead of Amari Morgan-Smith, who was on the bench.

Both teams had to cope with a pitch which had only just passed three pitch inspections and had cut up badly after heavy rain.

The Bulls edged an uneventful first and they had six shots all of them off target.

Their best chance fell to Frankie Artus mid-way through the half.  Michael Rankine had done well to drill a low ball but the midfielder steered his first time effort over the bar.

Harriers struggled to find any attacking rhythm and failed to muster any efforts on goal. They had built up a head of steam early in the half with a series of set-pieces but Jack Dyer's strong deliveries could not find a way through.

Harriers created an opportunity two minutes after the break but Ladapo could n't quite reach Kyle Storer's searching ball.

Ladapo then made way for Morgan-Smith in the 54th minute in a bid to pep up Kidderminster's attack.

The striker's arrival did add more enthusiasm to their forward line but the visitors fell behind in the 61st minute.

Rankine saw a firm effort deflected wide but Harriers failed to deal with the resulting corner and from Rod McDonald's cross, O'Keefe looped a header into the back of the net.

But the visitors leveller four minutes later from a Storer free-kick.  Gowling broke free from his marker and powered a far post header home.

Both sides scented victory and Danny Lewis was equal to Artus's 20-yard drive.

Both teams searched for the winner as the game opened up.

Danny Jackman had had little chance to get forward but the left-back drilled in a dangerous low ball which evaded keeper and needed just a touch but missed everyone in the box.

Lee Vaughan was booked after tussling with Bulls wideman Jon Brown in the 86th minute.

Rankine had proved to be a handful for Harriers' defence and he had  a chance to score but volleyed wildly over the bar.

At the other end, Storer's swerving free-kick flew just wide.  Harriers: Lewis, L Vaughan, Demetriou, Storer, Byrne, Gash, Jackman, Ladapo (Morgan-Smith, 54), Dyer (Gittings, 66), Cieslewicz, Gowling.

Subs not used: Dunkley, N Vaughan, Aloi.

Hereford: Llolyd-Weston, Bush, McDonald, Graham, O'Keefe, Walker (Edge, 46), Sharp (Collins, 71), Collins, Rankine, Artus, Brown.

Subs not used: Ladbitter, Purdie, Smith, Williams.

Referee: Lee Swabey Attendance: 2014 (340)