DISAPPOINTED boss Andy Thorn has called on Harriers to 'step up' in order to get the club back on track.

Kidderminster's poor away form struck again as they were shot down by Ben Tomlinson's brace.

The Aggborough outfit have now not won a game in the Skrill Premier away from home in eight attempts, a run of results which has left them chasing the play-offs instead of being securely nestled in the top five.

Harriers have won just twice in the last nine league games, a run of results which started before Andy Thorn replaced Steve Burr as manager in January.

Kidderminster have slipped to tenth in the table, although they are still four points off the top five.

Things looked to be picking up as the new man guided the club to a win over Peterborough and a tie at Sunderland in the FA Cup but Harriers have failed to build on those outstanding displays.

Thorn said: "I was really disappointed because we don't train like that, we don't prepare like  that and we certainly don't ask the boys to play like that.

"There were a few home truths said after the game.

He added: "You've got to earn the right to play. I thought we started off alright and there were periods when we were in the ascendancy.

"If you don't win your tackles,  or pick up the second ball you can't get proper possession of the ball.

"It is alright talking about where you want to be and what you want to do but there comes a time when you have to step up and that is everybody, including myself and the staff."

To make matters worse, top scorer Michael Gash had to come off after nine minutes with a hamstring injury.

Keeper Nathan Vaughan also started because Danny Lewis had a virus.

His replacement Amari Morgan-Smith was bright and hit the bar with a first half header.

Chey Dunkley, making his first appearance since his sending off at Luton on January 4,  also saw a header early in the second half saved by rookie keeper Nick Townsend.

Thorn said he did not see Lee Vaughan push Imps assistant boss Grant Brown in the 55th minute while trying to take a throw in by the dugouts.

The defender was lucky not to be sent off after being shown a yellow card.