Harriers 2, Woking 0

GOALS In each half ensured relieved Harriers recorded a much-needed win at Aggborough.

Goals for Amari Morgan-Smith and Kyle Storer breathed life into Kidderminster's Skrill Premier promotion push.

Victory was their first in the league since seeing off Salisbury on January 11.

Manager Andy Thorn made two changes from the side which drew 2-2 with Braintree on Saturday.

Two-goal hero Amari Morgan-Smith was handed a start while Jack Byrne was picked ahead of Santiago Aloi.

But Harriers made a perfect start when Morgan-Smith fired the hosts ahead in the 45th second.

Winger Adrian Cieslewicz drove down the right and delivered a fizzing low cross which the striker side-footed home from close range.

Woking suffered another set back in the tenth minute when Guiseppe Sole replaced the injured Mike Cestor.

The away side should have been level in the 18th minute.

Jack Marriott controlled a long ball forward and as keeper Nathan Vaughan rushed out, he lobbed an effort wide.

Kidderminster nearly doubled their lead two minutes later, but Cards keeper Aaron Howe rushed out to block Byrne's shot.

After weathering Woking's pressure, Harriers ended the first half strongly.

Cieslewicz was having his best game since signing for the home side.

He steered a 20-yard shot wide but in the 44th minute he came even closer.

He raced onto Anthony Malbon's pass and fired in a shot which Howe did well to save.

Woking started the second half brightly and a dangerous cross from Kevin Betsy needed to be cleared by Josh Gowling.

But captain Storer doubled Harriers' lead in the 69th minute, after Gowling was fouled by Sole. The midfielder bent a lovely free-kick around the wall into the bottom right corner.

Woking made a late push for goals and had a chance ruled out for offside in the 80th minute.

Keeper Nathan Vaughan dived brilliantly to his right to get a hand to Josh Payne's powerful low effort and while substitute Reece Beckles slotted home the rebound it was ruled out for offside.

Morgan-Smith was denied a second goal in the 82nd minute.

The hitman had made the most of a loose ball and struck a well-hit left-footed effort but Howe spread himself wide to block.

Woking's keeper pulled off more heroics in the 85th minute, denying Cieslewicz after another driving run.

Malbon was denied by the woodwork in the 88th minute when his downward header crashed off the bar.

Harriers: N Vaughan, Demetriou, Storer, Dunkley, Byrne (Gittings, 81), Malbon, Jackman, Morgan-Smith, O'Keefe, Cieslewicz, Gowling.

Subs not used: Lewis, Grimes, Rowe, Aloi.

Woking: Howe, Nutter, Ricketts, McNerney (Bryce, 85), Betsy, Cestor (Sole, 10 (Beckles, 74), Payne, Rendell, Goddard, Marriott, Murtagh.

Subs not used:  McNamee, Beasant.

Referee: Richard Wigglesworth (Sth Yorkshire).

Attendance: 1448 (34)