Wrexham 0, Harriers 0

GARY Whild made a solid start as manager as Harriers produced rousing display in North Wales but were denied a winning goal.

The Aggborough outfit had the best of the game and produced a host of chances only to be be thwarted by defiant Dragons keeper Andy Coughlin.

The 289 strong way army of Kidderminster fans were pleased with their team's performance, giving Whild a standing ovation before kick-off and chanting his name enthusiastically at the end.

Wrexham were also reduced to ten men late on when Andy Bishop dismissed for two bookable offences.

New boss Whild, who replaced Andy Thorn in mid-week,  made four changes from the side which lost to Cambridge.

He recalled keeper Danny Lewis and also drafted in Mickey Demetriou and Callum Gittings.

With Chey Dunkley injured and perhaps needing minor surgery, Jamie Grimes was recalled in central defence for his first start since November.

The visitors produced an energetic first half and attacked at every opportunity but it was the hosts who had two good chances early on.

Lewis had spilled the ball to Bishop but as the hitman shaped to shoot, Grimes made an excellent block on the edge of the box in the fourth minute.

Lewis was called into action in the eighth minute, athletically tipping over Mark Carrington's 20-yard.

But the away side were seeing more of the ball and attacking with pace but lacked a killer final ball.

Captain Kyle Storer was booked for squaring up to opposite number Dean Keates after the pair had collided.

Former Wrexham player Adrian Cieslewicz broke with pace and found striker Anthony Malbon but his return ball was too long and the attack broke down in the 28th minute.

Danny Jackman also blazed over the bar after good work by Cieslewicz and Amari Morgan-Smith and had combined to good effect.

But the away side ended the first half on top and David Artell had to head the ball off the line during an almighty goal mouth scramble.

Morgan-Smith had a chance fire Harriers ahead on the stroke of half-time. Malbon deftly flicked the ball into his path but the striker's effort was saved by  sprawling keeper Andy Coughlin.

Wrexham carved out a good opportunity in the first minute of the second half but the chance went begging when Bishop, who was in a good central position, opted to pass to Mark Carrington.

But Harriers took control of the game. Gittings whipped in a strong crosses which forced keeper Coughlin to punch it away in desperatation.

Malbon came close on the hour mark after a trademark break by the pacey Cieslewicz but his right-footed shot rolled a fraction wide of the far post.

The visitors thought they had scored in the 65th minute.

From Gittings' free-kick, Josh Gowling headed the ball across the goal and Morgan-Smith bundled it over the line but the assistant referee flagged for offside.

But the home side were reduced to ten men in the 78th minute when he was shown a second yellow card for a needless foul on Mickey Demetriou.

Coughlin continued to keep his side in the game in the 86th minute when he got down to block Malbon's firm effort from 20-yards out.

But Lewis kept the scores level in the 91st minute when he tipped over a brilliant curling long range effort from substitute Brett Ormerod.

Harriers were handed a chance to win the match in the 94th minute after substitute Marvin Johnson was fouled on the edge of the box but Demetriou's free-kick flew over the bar.

Harriers: Lewis, L Vaughan, Storer, Malbon, Grimes, Jackman (O'Keefe, 63), Gittings, Morgan-Smith, Cieslewicz (Johnson, 85), Gowling.

Subs not used: Rowe, N Vaughan, Bell.

Wrexham: Coughlin, Wright, Ashton, Livesey, Harris, Bishop, Keates, Tomassen, Hunt (Ogleby, 70), Anyinsah (Ormerod, 77), Carrington.

Subs not used: Mayebi, Evans, Artell.

Referee: Peter Bankes Attendance: 3159 (289)