SOLID Harriers secured another clean sheet, this time on the road, with a 0-0 draw on a chilly night in Aldershot.

Manager Gary Whild made two changes to his starting line-up; one enforced and one tactical. Striker Nathan Blissett, fresh from a loan spell at Hednesford Town, was drafted in up front to replace Michael Gash who pulled out through illness, while Josh O'Keefe dropped to the bench as Jack Byrne moved into the starting eleven after an impressive substitute outing against Barnet in the previous fixture.

It was the visiting side who had to be alert in the opening moments, Danny Lewis came to punch a cross as it came into the box but his clearance only found the feet of striker Brett Williams who, with the goal at his mercy, could only  blaze a volley over the target.

With a dozen minutes on the clock Amari Morgan-Smith planted a header up and over Glenn Morris's goal off a Lee Vaughan cross before Josh Gowling then did the same from Callum Gittings' dead ball, his effort from just six yards out.

Moments of real quality were few and far between inside the first thirty minutes but, soon after, Harriers crafted a well-worked chance as Anthony Malbon picked up a ball inside the area before trying his luck with a rising shot that beat Morris but also, the frame of his goal.

The hosts arguably finished the half the strongest and they fashioned their first shot on target of the night in stoppage time as Adam Mekki drilled a shot straight at Lewis that the Harriers No1. held comfortably enough.

The Shots' star too the second half was equally bright, the lively Mekki driving past the upright on the angle soon after the restart, Jackman again soon after doing his defensive duties well as he cleared a dangerous Craig Stanley free-kick.

Gary Whild made his first change by bringing on Nick Wright and it was the Lincoln loanee who almost broke the deadlock on the hour mark as he blazed a teasing ball across the face of Morris that was begging for a far-post touch to turn it home.

There was a good chance at either end inside the last fifteen minutes - for Harriers, Malbon and Morgan-Smith were a threat and when a shot from the former looped up into the air, the latter tried to connect with it with a bicycle kick but Morris was able to watch it over.

Then, with the pressure back at the back for Harriers, Lewis showed safe hands to keep hold of a header from home sub Jordan Roberts.

HARRIERS: Lewis, Vaughan, Demetriou, Gowling, Grimes Jackman, Byrne (O'Keefe 62), Gittings (Bell 72), Morgan-Smith, Blissett (Wright 53), Malbon. Unused subs: Williams, Vaughan.

ALDERSHOT: Morris, Oastler, Tonkin, Stanley, Taiwo, Mekki (Roberts 72), Williams, Bubb (Molesley 65), Barker, Scott, Gibbs. Unused subs: Rowlands, L Williams, Butler.

Attendance: 1,588

Referee: Rob Whitton