HARRIERS suffered a third successive defeat as a late goal saw them beaten at Gainsborough Trinity.

Harriers were finally able to get themselves back to action after two weeks without a game thanks to postponements. While the wait still wasn’t long enough for either Brandon Hall or Jimmy O’Connor to return from their respective injuries, there was some joy for Joel Taylor as he was able to re-take his position in the starting eleven.

Andre Brown also started, and Joe Ironside was restored to the team in place of George Waring who dropped to the bench.

Though Ryan Croasdale and Dan Bradley had early sights of goal, the first serious chance of the game came courtesy of Gainsborough’s Walker as he shot on the angle, drawing a smart low stop from Jonathan Flatt.

Ngwatala then kept the gloves of home keeper Ravas warm with a shot from distance, before his very smart save denied James Pearson. In an advanced position, the defender really let fly with a dipping effort that was pushed away.

Bradley tried again midway through the half, before Fleming, for the hosts, bent an effort plenty off target. On the stroke of half time some superb play set up Ngwatala, the Frenchman arrowing an attempt towards Ravas that fizzed just past the corner.

Five past the restart, a good attempt from a free-kick saw Weeks force another save from Ravas before Croasdale skied an effort when placed to do better from Taylor’s cross. Soon after, only a fine save from Ravas kept out a goal-bound shot from Pearson.

That seemed to give the home side a lift and with the final third of the game remaining, Stainfield had a big chance to give them the breakthrough against the run of play, a deep cross finding the Trinity man’s head only for the effort to blaze wide.

A ball into the area threatened mass panic inside the Trinity area as Harriers tried to push on late to find their opener, Waring looked to try and stab it home but Ravas, again, was on hand to smother it.

From there you just sensed it might be their day, and new boss Lee Sinnott duly got the win he was looking for – Liam King’s driving pass finding Walker goal side as he took a touch before driving the ball, on the angle, and past the dive of Flatt.

HARRIERS: Flatt, Vaughan, Taylor, Croasdale, Horsfall, Pearson, Weeks, Bradley, Ironside (Waring 62), Ngwatala (Austin 46), Brown (Sonupé 82).

Subs: McQuilkin, Palmer.

Attendance: 547 Referee: Aaron Jackson