PAPER and plastic which had been set alight was found to be the cause of a fire at an empty property in Kidderminster yesterday afternoon (March 9).

Hereford and Worcester Fire and Rescue Service crews from the town’s fire station were alerted to the incident in Severn Grove at about 5.06pm.

They discovered paper and plastic had been set alight and used one hose reel to extinguish the blaze.

Later that evening, the Kidderminster crew used a hose reel jet to put out the flames at another incident in Owhill Lane, Comhampton.

During the incident, at 6.56pm, they found household waste had been set alight.