A MAN from Kidderminster was ordered to pay compensation to the police officers he attacked in Stourport.

At Worcester Magistrates' Court on Tuesday, February 16, Dean Green, of Water Nash Road East, pleaded guilty to two counts of assault by beating, resisting a police officer in the execution of his duty, and using threatening or abusive words or behaviour.

The 25-year-old assaulted PC Gareth Jones and PC Bethany Crump in Stourport on January 30.

For resisting PC Jones, Green was fined £350 and ordered to pay a £95 victim surcharge plus £185 in court costs.

For the assault charges, he was ordered to pay compensation of £75 to each officer.

A community order was made, requiring Green to comply with rehabilitation activity for 20 days.

In a separate case, a Kidderminster man was fined for stalking a woman by leaving flowers and using her personal accounts to track her whereabouts.

Luke Harper, of Eastwood Drive, admitted pursuing a course of conduct which amounted to the stalking of a woman in Kidderminster between December 1 and January 23.

The 29-year-old messaged, called and used third parties to contact the victim and also left flowers and followed her, using her personal accounts to track her and read her private information.

Harper was fined £100 and a restraining order was made prohibiting him from contacting the woman involved.

He was also ordered to pay a £95 victim surcharge and £135 to the CPS.

In another case, a Stourport man was given a condition discharge for carrying an unloaded air rifle in public.

Danny Evans, 19, of Watery Lane, admitted having a black .22 calibre Gamo air rifle with him in Broach Road in Stourport without lawful authority or reasonable excuse on November 17 last year.

Magistrates discharged Evans conditionally for six months and ordered him to pay £22 to fund victim services plus £135 in court costs.

In another case at court that day, a man was fined for being over the legal alcohol limit when he was caught driving in Kidderminster.

Steven Buckley, 48, of Merridale Road, Wolverhampton, pleaded guilty to drink driving in Comberton Road on January 30 this year.

He was found to have 53 micrograms of alcohol in 100 millilitres of breath. The legal limit in England is 35.

Magistrates fined him £260 and ordered him to pay a £34 victim surcharge and £135 in court costs.

Buckley was disqualified from driving for 15 months.