PHOTOS have been released of people police are hoping to track down after a series of incidents of off-road bike riding and anti-social behaviour in Kidderminster.

Wyre Forest Police are clamping down on the illegal use of off-road bikes after recent reports of riders causing a nuisance in local parks and in pedestrianised areas of the town centre.

Recent incidents include a scrambler-type bike leaving the road and travelling along the canalside near Crossley Retail Park just before 1pm on Saturday, March 27. Anyone with information is urged to call 101, quoting 00230i.

At 1.05pm the same day, two electric bikes suspected of being over the legal pedal cycle power rating were seen by road users weaving in and out of traffic, jumping red lights and riding at high speed in the pedestrianised area of Kidderminster town centre. Anyone with information can quote crime number 00573i to police.

On Sunday, March 28 at 12.50pm, two off-road mini motorbikes were seen riding along the canal onto Stoney Lane and around Springfield Park. The reference number for any witness reports is 00225i.

An off-road motorbike was also spotted riding through Springfield Park at around 4.20pm on Tuesday, March 30. Anyone with information should quote 00438i to police on the non-emergency number.

PCSO Luke Holloway said: "Wyre Forest Police are appealing for information to assist us with our investigations following several recent incidents of anti-social behaviour involving illegal off-road bike riding.

"We would like to remind people it is illegal to ride a motorbike or drive any vehicle on a public footpath, public bridleway, restricted byway or on open access and common land, this includes public parks.

"Anyone caught could face prosecution, points on their licence and have their vehicle seized.

"We urge anyone who witnesses this type of activity to report it to us at the time it is happening by calling 101. Officers are patrolling hotspots to help deter and reassure the public.

"By working with our communities, we are hoping to identify those involved and take appropriate action against them."

Anyone with information on the people pictured is urged to call 101 or email Information can also be reported to police online at

Police are reminding residents that off-road motorbikes can only be used on private land with the landowner’s permission. To use an off-road motorbike on the road it must be registered, taxed, have MOT, be insured and the rider must have a valid driver’s licence. There are no exemptions for vehicles designed for off-road use or for young people.

Electrically assisted pedal cycles can be used by anyone over 14 years of age, as long as they are not capable of being powered beyond 15.5mph and do not exceed 250watts in power. Any bike that does not comply with this rule is treated as a motorcycle and needs to be registered and taxed.