DINERS were evacuated from a Kidderminster pub after a fire broke out in the kitchen.

Hereford and Worcester Fire Service were called at around 3:45 pm yesterday (January 4) to The Watermill pub on Park Lane.

The pub was evacuated before the fire crews arrived and the blaze had already been extinguished.

READ MORE: Brand new affordable homes to be built in Kidderminster

It is understood that the small fire ignited from a grill in the kitchen.

A spokesperson for Hereford and Worcester Fire Service said: “Two Hereford & Worcester Fire and Rescue Service crews from Wyre Forest Fire Station were called at 15:45 on 4 January to a building fire on Park Lane, Kidderminster.

"This was a small fire in a commercial kitchen and had been extinguished before the arrival of the fire service using a fire extinguisher and fire blankets.

READ MORE: New homes plan revealed for controversial site in Kidderminster

"The fire service isolated the gas supply and the premises were fully evacuated while a thermal imaging camera was used to check for hot spots.

"There were no casualties and no other emergency services attended.

"The incident was marked as closed at 16:46."