KIDDERMINSTER residents have shared their horror after homes caught fire on Eddy Road last night (Sunday, June 9).

Several fire crews from across Worcestershire and beyond rushed to the Horsefair to battle the blaze, with the road blocked throughout the night.

Four homes were affected by the fire, which spread from a caravan. Emergency services confirmed that no one was injured. Nearby homes were also evacuated and people were urged to shut windows and doors.

Residents, who did not wish to named, spoke of their shock after witnessing the fire last night.

One nearby resident said he could feel the heat from the blaze from his home.

He said: "It was massive. When we came out initially, the back of the caravan was on fire.

"We heard a couple of explosions - not massive ones. It was loud but you couldn't see anything.

"My son hadn't seen anything like that before".

Another resident who saw the fire said he had to tell neighbours to shut windows as smoke billowed from the homes.

He said: "It was a bit scary to be honest. It was so close".

One woman who witnessed last night's fire described it as "really scary."

She said: "I didn't expect to see that on a Sunday night.

"It was horrible watching everyone move their cars and carry their dogs".

Another woman who witnessed the blaze said it was "horrifying" to see a house so close go up in flames.

She said: "They have lost everything - absolutely everything.

"There were lots of bystanders.

"It's a good job it wasn't windy because it could have gone way up the road".