REDDITCH boss Ian King has praised goalkeeper Kieran Boucher after his penalty save turned the tide during their FA Trophy victory over Corby Town.

Boucher made a brilliant double save to deny the visitors to the Trico Stadium from going 3-1 ahead. Instead Reds went on to win the tie 4-2 to book their place in the second qualifying round.

Goals from Reece Hewitt, Josh Martin and a brace from Romario Martin saw them head into the next round, where they will meet the winner of Bromsgrove Sporting's battle with Barwell.

King said: "It was a game that could have gone either way and at 2-1 with a penalty against us it was looking difficult for us.

"But then games turn on big moments and the double save from Kieran was excellent goalkeeping, as well as the saves he also made during the game.

"It gave the whole team a lift and with a bit more confidence we have gone on to play very well and win the game.

"Kieran is a young lad that works really hard and it was nice to see him rewarded for that."

The game also saw Romario Martin bag a double after getting his first start in his favoured position leading the line.

King said: "He's been very patient but has slowly been getting sharper and sharper the more minutes he's got.

"He is another who worked really hard earlier in the game and was also rewarded for that later on. He has a strong left foot and always seems to work the goalkeeper."

King now wants his side to transfer their cup form to the league, adding: "The cups have been kind to us this season and we have done quite well in them.

"In the league cup we beat Alvechurch and were unlucky to only lose on penalties against West Brom in the Birmingham Senior Cup. Now we have beaten Corby in the FA Trophy.

"We must turn that form into the league and will be targeting this weekend's game as a chance to do that."

Redditch will look to build on the win when they host Kings Langley this Saturday (3pm kick-off).

Liam Truslove will have a calf injury assessed before the weekend but Jack Hickman and Callum Coyle both return after being cup-tied against Corby.