JOE Lolley came in for praise from Harriers’ management and players for his stunning goal in Tuesday night’s well-deserved 2-0 win over FC Halifax Town at Aggborough.

The young front-runner struck in the second half to help his side move into third spot in the Skrill Premier table.

Talented Lolley also played a major role in setting up a 21st minute goal for Michael Gash to enable boss Steve Burr’s boys to hit back in style from their dismal 3-0 defeat at Dartford on Saturday.

Man-of-the-match Lolley’s spectacular 25 yard thunderbolt had the fans roaring their approval along with Burr’s assistant Gary Whild and Josh Gowling, who was captaining the side in place of injured Kyle Storer.

Central defender Gowling said: “He did that in training on Monday, He’s a tremendous talent. He’s sharp, he’s got a great willingness to learn and he’s full of energy. In this league, especially for us, it’s what we need. It’s made a difference.”

Whild said: “He does do that regularly in training. You do see that from him and hopefully the lad can carry on doing it. He’s got a good future.”

Gowling and Whild were also delighted with the manner in which Harriers recovered from their disappointing Dartford defeat.

Gowling said: “We came into the game not very happy obviously after the Dartford performance and the gaffer let us know a few home truths before we went out tonight.

“He said we needed to start picking up our performances and get more of a performance going week in, week out. I think a few of the lads had a bit of a rocket so when we went out there we went at it from the start.

“We played at that high tempo all last year. That was why we won so many of our games. We got better as the games went on and we probably haven’t done that as much this season, It was important to get back to what we are used to and what the fans are used to seeing.

Whild said: “It was good to see the way we set off from the start with the tempo which wasn’t there on Saturday. It was good. We were looking for that sort of response and it was definitely there.”

Slick Harriers rapidly got into their stride and deservedly went ahead with a shot from Gash that went in off the base of the goalkeeper Matty Glennon’s right hand post.

A minute earlier Danny Jackman had wasted a good chance by firing wide while well placed.

Mid-table Halifax steadily began to improve up front and went close to equalising in the 25th minute when a fierce shot from Matty Pearson was punched out by goalkeeper Nathan Vaughan with the loose ball being fired over the bar by Dan Gardner.

Pearson was denied again just before half time when the alert Vaughan pulled off another fine save, this time a diving low down to push the ball around the post.

Harriers were soon testing the Halifax rear-guard again in the second half and deservedly made it 2-0 in the 57th minute when lively Lolley cut inside and pulled the trigger on a terrific left footed shot which gave Glennon no hope of saving.

Harriers: N. Vaughan 7, L. Vaughan 7, Gowling 7, Grimes 7, Demetriou 7; Fowler 7, Jackman 6; Gittings 7 (Byrne, 62, 6); Malbon 6, LOLLEY 8 (Johnson, 87), Gash 6 (Morgan-Smith, 75, 6). Subs not used: Lewis, Dance.

FC Halifax: Glennon; Toulson, Roberts, Ainge, Lowe (McReady, 83); Smith, Gardner (Wilson, 89), Maynard (Marshall, 61), Gregory; McManus, Pearson. Subs not used: Senior, Carver.

Referee: Ben Toner (Lancs).

Attendance: 1,703 (126 away fans)