Altrincham 2, Harriers 1

HARRIERS slipped to a disappointing defeat after Altrincham came from a goal down to win the game.

Marvin Johnson had fired the Reds into a 50th minute lead only for the hosts to take all three points thanks to efforts by James Lawrie and Damian Reeves.

But the away team were below par after a series of good displays in November.

After good performances against Bristol Rovers, Grimsby and Wrexham, Kidderminster were unchanged.

Reece Styche had returned from his loan at Tamworth and was handed a spot on the bench.

The first half was an evenly-matched affair which featured few chances.

Altrincham had started well and forced Harriers custodian Danny Lewis into a triple save in the 11th minute.

The keeper had parried a firm effort from Peter Cavanagh and then denied Ryan Crowther and Gianluca Havern during a goal mouth melee.

There was a worrying moment for the away side in the 15th minute when Lawrie failed to control a good  pass from Adam Griffin.

But Harriers went onto take control, but found a home side who were happy to sit back and attack on the break, hard to break down.

For all their pressure, the Aggborough outfit did no really test keeper Stuart Coburn.

A cross from Marvin Johnson was a fraction too high for Craig Reid, who had made a good run into the box.

Aman Verma called the stopper into action in the 25th minute with a low shot after a jinking turn.

A strong run by Matt Robinson saw the on-loan Luton man release Reece Hales but Coburn was alert to the danger.

Lewis was then called into action three minutes into the second period. He rushed out of his area to deny Lawrie, as he raced down the left.

But the away side took the lead in the 50th minute when Johnson cut in from the right and unleashed a fine effort into the top corner.

However, Altrincham levelled seven minutes later, with Lawrie firing home a left-footed shot.

Harriers survived a scare from a Jake Moult corner but towering centre back Havern steered a firm header wide.

Kidderminster responded and Reid saw a first time effort saved by Coburn after determined play by Verma.

But the game seemed to lack a spark as both teams toiled in midfield.

Midfielder Jack Byrne was booked for a late challenge on Cavanagh.

The hosts edged ahead in the 86th minute, getting between the centre backs to head home from a good left wing cross from Adam Griffin.

The away side tried to hit back and Grimes failed to test Coburn with a far post header from Kevin Nicholson's free-kick.

To make matters worse, Josh Gowling and Reece Styche both picked up late bookings seal a bad day for Harriers.

Harriers: Lewis, Hodgkiss, Byrne, Johnson, Reid (Obeng, 80), Grimes, Verma, Hales (Styche, 62), Robinson (Gittings, 86) , Nicholson, Gowling.

Subs not used: Green, Williams.

Altrincham: Coburn, Densmore, Griffin, Moult (Williams, 68), Havern, Lawrie (Perry, 80), Richman, Reeves, Marshall, Crowther (Wilkinson, 62), Cavanagh.

Subs not used: Gillespie, Parton.

Referee: Ross Joyce.

Attendance: 1019 (118)