Harriers 2, Lincoln 1

SUPER-sub Ahmed Obeng bagged a last-ditch winner to finally break ten men Lincoln on Saturday.

Harriers had been trailing to Delano Sam-Yorke's first half effort, despite the visitors having captain Alan Power dismissed.

But Marvin Johnson made it 1-1 just after the break before Obeng bagged his first ever goal for the club in memorable fashion.

Harriers welcomed back Jack Byrne into the team after he missed the FA Trophy win over Bradford Park Avenue.

Both teams started brightly but it was the home side who looked to have slightly more cutting edge.

Harriers looked dangerous at free-kicks from Kevin Nicholson and in the 20th minute, a typically swerving effort was flicked on by Byrne and a diving Reece Styche headed just wide at the far post.

Kidderminster had a lucky escape in the 28th minute when an unmarked Tyrrell Waite scuffed a first time effort off target.

Striker Craig Reid then glanced a header from a Nicholson free-kick towards goal but Farman was equal to it.

But the visitors were reduced to ten men when Power was shown a straight red card after a clash with Byrne. After a fracas involving both sets of players, Power was dismissed for dissent to the referee in the 35th minute.

But the dismissal galvanised City, who began to use long throw-ins and direct play to pile the pressure on the hosts.

Danny Lewis produced a full-stretch save to deny Hamaz Bencherif as Harriers sat back and allowed Lincoln to pour forward.

The home side were breached in the third minute of time added on when Waite sent Jon Newton's corner back into the mix and Sam-Yorke headed home from close range.

But Harriers responded well to the setback and made it 1–1 in the 51st minute.

Johnson made it seven goals for the season when he smashed left-footed effort past keeper Farman after a speedy attack.

The home side pressed forward and Callum Gittings dragged an effort across the face of goal in the 61st minute.

Jamie Grimes then directed a header over the bar from another accurate Nicholson corner.

Kidderminster then threw on new signing Akwasi Asante in the 71st minute for Styche.

The young forward, who saw a promising career at Birmingham City disrupted by injuries, made an immediate impact with his first touch of the ball as he drove up the pitch and forced a corner.

City substitute Ben Tomlinson launched a speedy counter-attack in the 89th minute. He strode past a sliding Grimes but his cross was intercepted by  defender Jared Hodgkiss in the area.

Speedy forward Obeng then entered the fray as Harriers' second substitute in the 80th minute.

The hosts piled on the pressure and Farman pulled off a fine save in the 91st minute to deny Gowling, before Gittings steered wide from close range.

But Obeng swept home 60 seconds later to ensure Kidderminster started their Christmas fixtures with three points.

Harriers: Lewis, Hodgkiss, Storer, Byrne, Johnson, Reid (Obeng, 80), Styche (Asante, 71), Grimes, Gittings, Nicholson, Gowling.

Subs not used: Mayebi, Green, Hales.

Lincoln: Farman, Miller, Newton, Bencherif, Power, Nolan (Mendy, 22), Sam-Yorke,  Caprice, Adams, Marshall, Waite (Tomlinson, 58).

Subs not used: Townsend, Diagne, Burrow.

Referee: Adam Hopkins (Plymouth) Attendance: 1784 (207)