Harriers 0, Halifax 0

HARRIERS players and management formed a wall of silence in protest after it emerged that staff at the club had only been partially paid for the month.

Gary Whild's coaching team and players refused to talk to press after their  clash against play-off rivals Halifax.

Employees at the Aggborough outfit had only been paid a third of the wages for February on Friday.

 The self-imposed media gagging by the playing staff is another worrying chapter in Kidderminster's on going financial troubles.

The Carpetmen has relied on the generosity of benefactors Kath and Ernie Lane to pay wages the shortfall each month.

But this latest development throws the club's money worries into sharp light.

The news came after a tight contest at Aggborough between two sides with hopes of the play-offs in the Vanaram Conference.

An uneventful first half saw Aman Verma's thunder free-kick force keeper Matt Glennon to parry his shot.

Former Kidderminster man Richard Peniket had an effort in the 43rd minute ruled out for offside.

On the stroke of half-time, the hosts were also denied by the officials.

Lee Hughes' powerful 20-yard effort was tipped on the bar by Glennon and Danny Wright headed into the of an empty net but the goal was ruled for offside.

But the hosts came out in more determined fashion in the second and tried toile the pressure on Halifax.

Shaymen's boss Neil Aspin had made a double change for the away side with Adam Smith and Jamie Jackson both thrown into the fray.

But it was Harriers who started well.  Youngster Jake Green and Callum Gittings saw low efforts deflected wide, while striker Danny Wright headed a a good effort at Glennon.

Kidderminster came close to scoring in the 71st minute. Wright pounced on a poor clearance by Glennon but saw two efforts blocked by Graham Hutchinson.  Hughes then saw his effort clawed away by Glennon.

The hosts had the better of the second half but were unable to create many clear cut chances.  Right back Jared Hodgkiss saw a scooped effort fly a fraction wide, while Josh Gowling headed over at the far post.

Halifax threatened sporadically and the lively Smith tested Lewis with a low right-footed shot in the 88th minute.

But the game fizzled out during four minutes of added time as both teams settled for draw which doesn't help either's promotion cause.

Harriers: Lewis, Hodgkiss, Green (Reffell, 66), Byrne, Wright (Knowles, 80), Grimes, Verma, Gittngs, Nicholson, Gowling, Hughes.

Subs not used: Reid, Tunnicliffe, Asante.

Halifax: Glennon, Bolton, McManus, Roberts, Pearson, Marshall (Jackson, 46), Peniket, Maynard, Schofield (Muldoon, 83), Hutchinson, Hattersley (Smith, 46).

Subs not used: Senior, Roberts.

Referee: Simon Bennett (Staffordshire) Attendance: 1766 (199).