LACKLUSTRE Kidderminster were no match for relegation battling Welling as they slumped to a disappointing defeat.

The Reds were unable to put a smile on their fans' faces after the three members of the board had quit only 24 hours previously.

Both while chairman Ken Rae, John Davies and Gino Ruffinato have departed after the intervention of the club's major shareholders, the problems on the pitch continue.

Once they fell behind to Jake Gallagher's 26th minute strike a very young Harriers side saw their self-belong drain away and put in a toothless display.

Kieron St Aimie and Sam Corne piled more misery on manager Gary Whild.

Harriers were still without the injured midfield pair of Aman Verma and Jack Byrne, so were unchanged from the side which lost 3-0 to Bristol Rovers on Monday.

They took on a Wings side who were in desperate need of the points to escape the relegation zone in the Vanarama Conference.

The away side had started the brightest, with Callum Gittings and Luke Maxwell having chances.

The visitors had been in control and piling the pressure on the hosts but they suffered a set back in the 18th minute, when midfielder James Fry limped off with an injury and was replaced by striker Craig Reid.

The reshuffle saw Jake Green slot into midfield but Welling's powerful forward line began exposing the gaps at the back.

Poor marking allowed the Wings to open the scoring in the 26th minute.

Keiron St Aimie got the better of Nat Kelly on the right and delivered a cross, which the unmarked Gallagher headed home.

Harriers tried to hit back but it was Welling who grew in confidence and they scored a lucky second goal to knock the fight out of Kiddy.

Keeper Danny Lewis cleared Ross Lafeyette's header but his effort cannoned off St Aimie and flew into the back of the net.

Reece Harris and Gallagher also saw chances go wide but St Aimie missed a golden chance to make it 3-0 on the stroke of half-time when he slid into meet Dominic Vose's pacey driven ball but directed it onto the bar.

Welling continued to be the better side in the second half and Harriers defender Jamie Grimes did well to win the ball off Lafayette as he drove towards goal.

Kiddy made a second change in the 56th minute when Kevin Nicholson replaced Will Boyle.

Whild was forced to make a third change in the 59th, taking off Gittings, who was suffering from a groin problem, and brought on rookie striker Jamie Spencer.

The home team continued to search for another goal but Harriers created a chance in the 66th minute when Nicholson crossed and Spencer headed wide.

Lee Hughes then pounced on a poor goal-kick by keeper Jonathan Henly but with the shot-stopper back pedalling desperately, he slammed a 35-yard effort wide.

But any faint hopes of a Harriers revival were ended in the 72nd minute when Corne cut in from the wing and arrowed a shot into the bottom corner.

Nicholson was making a difference and he stung Henly's palms with a well-struck free-kick in the 80th minute.

Reid also steered a shot off target as Kidderminster rallied but it was too little too late as Welling record their first home win of 2015.

Harriers: Lewis, Hodgkiss, Green, Fry (Reid, 18), Kelly, Boyle (Nicholson, 56), Wright, Grimes, Gittings (Spencer, 59), Maxwell, Hughes.

Subs not used: Obeng, Asante.

Welling: Henly, Gallagher (Fagan, 82), Vose, St Aime, Lafayette (Akinde, 82), Jefford, Harris, Corne, Williams, Osborne, Chambers.

Subs not used: Young, Berry, McEntegart.

Referee: Chris Powell.

Attendance: 505