Harriers 2, Chester 2

HARRIERS had to settle for a frustrating point as Chester produced a second half fight back at Aggborough.

Goals for Harry White and Arthur Gnahoua had handed Kidderminster a 2-0 lead at half-time.

But ex-Harriers boss Steve Burr made two changes at the break as goals for James Alabi and Ross Hannah ensured it was honours even.

Harriers made one change from the side that lost in Cheltenham, handing a start to on-loan Aston Villa left-back Lewis Kinsella, with Zaine Francis-Angol on the bench.

Burr returned to Aggborough with his inconsistent Chester side.

Both teams made a cagey start but Harriers sprang to life after 22 minutes.

Fine play by Ousmane Fane and Ben Whitfield combined to allow the in-form Gnahoua to ghost past a defender and drill a left-footed shot past keeper Tony Thompson.

Four minutes later, a testing cross from Whitfield hit defender Ryan Lloyd in the hand and White slotted the penalty into the bottom left corner.

Chester were seeing a lot of the ball but were struggling in final third.

Dean Snedker made a regulation save to keep Ben Henegham's 20-yard strike.

The visitor's best chance came in the 41st minute when they failed to clear a corner and Ross Hannah horribly screwed a volley wide.

Chester made two changes at the start of the second half. Off went Craig Mahon and John Rooney for Alabi and Ryan Higgins.

White had a chance to score a minute after the break but fired a half volley wide.

Whitfield was in brilliant form and he nearly bagged a third goal in the 58th minute.

He swopped passes with White and let-fly from 20-yards but keeper Thompson made a diving save.

Chester were starting to pose more of a threat and Alabi bustled his way into the box but was hustled wide by Kelvin Langmead and shot into side netting on the hour mark.

But the away side pulled a goal back in the 66th minute.

Langmead's place of pace was exposed by Hannah, who was shunted by the defender as he raced into the box.

The referee pointed to the spot for a soft looking penalty and Hannah slotted the penalty into the bottom left corner.

Chester piled on the pressure and forced a host of corners.

Towering centre back Ryan Astles then directed a towering header from a hanging Higigns cross wide.

But Harriers were dragged level in the 76th minute when Alabi turned Langmead too easily and smashed an unstoppable effort into the top left corner from the edge of the box.

Harriers substitute Omari Patrick raced into the box but could not get his shot off after good work by Whitfield.

A tiring White was replaced by Evan Garnett in the 85th minute.

The hosts had a big let-off in the 88th minute when Hannah rolled his shot just wide from the edge of the box.

But it was Harriers who piled on the pressure in time added on and it took a fine diving save by Thompson to deny Tyrone Williams.

The pacey Patrick then steered an effort wide but Harriers had to settle for a frustrating point.

Harriers: Snedker, Hodgkiss, Langmead, Lowe, Kinsella, Maxwell, Fane, Wiliams, Whitfield, White (Garnett, 85), Gnahoua (Patrick, 75).

Subs not used: Garnett, Jones, Brown, Francis-Angol.

Chester: Thompson, O'Brien (Richards, 85), Sharps, Mahon (Alabi, 46), Hannah, Rooney (Higgins, 46), Chappell, Hughes, Astles, Henegan, Lloyd.

Subs not used: Wornsop, Hunt.

Referee: Rob Whitton.

Attendance: 2,067 (432)