WORCESTER City dug deep to claim an impressive point from a titanic tussle against Kidderminster Harriers as both teams finished the 0-0 draw with 10 men.

High-flying Harriers had more of the ball and spent over 20 minutes with a man advantage after Sam Oji was brandished a straight red card in the second half.

The sides were evened up when Ryan Croasdale received a second yellow card with 13 minutes left of the pulsating encounter.

Harriers continued to do all the pressing but City hung on to take a share of the spoils from their first league meeting in more than 30 years.

After trying out a 3-4-3 formation in City’s 1-1 at Gainsborough Trinity last week, manager Carl Heeley reverted to the more familiar 4-2-3-1 with the returning Lee Hughes leading the line against his former club.

Kidderminster were on a run of six straight wins in all competitions and started brightly in front of 1,869 spectators at the Victoria Ground.

Just one minute in, James McQuilkin forced a save from Ethan Ross with a 20-yard shot after a mistake from Graham Hutchison led to an early corner.

Worcester hit back with a free-kick from Cieron Keane which fell the wrong side of the post but Harriers went even closer moments later.

Arthur Gnahoua headed the ball on for Elton Ngwatala whose effort struck the base of the upright on eight minutes.

McQuilkin also wasted a good opportunity as he scuffed Ngwatala’s pin-point delivery well wide.

Harriers were looking dangerous whenever they broke forward but could not make their pressure tell as Ngwatala failed to hit the target after the ball fell to him in the area.

With Kidderminster missing chances, City grew in confidence and put together a spell of pressure at the end of the first half.

After Ebby Nelson-Addy came on for the injured Danny Jackman on 34 minutes, the substitute made an immediate impact as he found Hughes who was denied by the feet of keeper Sam Hornby.

Worcester’s best chance came with five minutes left of the opening period.

Hughes produced an exquisite touch before laying the ball on a plate for Junior English but the onrushing midfielder pushed his shot wide after Hornby did well to close him down.

The Harriers keeper was quickly forced into action at the start of the second half as he turned Keane’s stunning free-kick around the post.

However, Worcester suffered a huge setback on 55 minutes when Oji saw red for a reckless challenge on McQuilkin.

Forced to shuffle his pack, boss Heeley gave James Chambers his first run-out since September and the defender was quickly in the thick of it.

With a man advantage, Kidderminster threw everything at City but Heeley’s men held firm.

And the visitors’ frustration was clear as Croasdale was given his marching orders for a second bookable offence after fouling Chekaine Steele.

Despite the blow, Harriers kept forcing the issue but they could not break down City.

Daryll Knights hit the side-netting from range before Andre Brown almost bundled the ball home only for Hutchison to scramble it off the line with the help of the post at the death.