A CONTRASTING performance from Harriers saw them drop points in National league North in a 1-1 draw at Leamington.

Rather than the barrage of bad news come team news time that Harriers have become accustomed to, there was actually some positivity ahead of this game as the reds were able to welcome back top scorer Joe Ironside into the starting eleven and Lee Vaughan and Dan Bradley on to the bench.

They all made comebacks after injury while Andre Brown shook off a knock to retain his place.

Though Harriers did dominate much of the first half, it was the home side who created the best of the earlier chances as Kaine Felix warmed the hands of goalkeeper Brandon Hall with an effort from distance before Dunbar did the same – all before the quarter-hour mark. Then, former Harrier Callum Gittings glanced a header wide of the target from close range.

The visitors got themselves into the game on an attacking front with a low shot from Brown that Breeden in goal was able to gather well enough while, on 24 minutes, James Pearson chested an effort over the bar as he stretched to get on the end of a deep Ngwatala cross.

Harriers did take the lead on 27 minutes. Just before that, Ironside saw an effort from a very tight angle blocked away – but there was nothing anyone could do to stop Brown’s shot finding the net, firmly driven as it was with a deflection aiding it on its way past Breeden.

Just before the break the lead was almost doubled as Ngwatala latched on to Ironside’s flick only to fire a shot off target, but it was Leamington who levelled a little over ten minutes into the second half. Slugglish to play out from the back, they were charged down by Obeng who blasted a shot that just about beat the save of Hall to find the net.

They were almost 2-1 immediately as Felix saw a shot cleared off the line by Lee Vaughan, the start of a memorable cameo for the veteran who also took a blocked clearance straight to the face.

There were chances for both sides to have grabbed a winner but where Harriers had half sighters through Croasdale and Bradley – both dealt with comfortably by Breeden – Leamington were very close to celebrating all three points at the death as Revan struck towards goal, Hall throwing himself at it to keep it out.

HARRIERS: Hall, Pearson, Taylor (Vaughan 62) Croasdale, Horsfall, O’Connor, Brown (Wright 81), McQuilkin, Ironside, Ngwatala, Truslove (Bradley 62).

Subs not used: Austin, Williams, Attendance: 912 Referee: Martyn Rawcliffe.