HARRIERS picked up yet another National League North draw on the road, this time being held 0-0 at Chorley in controversial fashion.

Fresh from their respective cameo sub appearances against Leamington days prior, Lee Vaughan and Dan Bradley were thrust into the starting eleven for this game; Bradley’s first start for many weeks and Vaughan’s first since his return to the club in the summer. They came in for the ill Joel Taylor and Liam Truslove who dropped to the substitutes’ bench.

Chorley had the first sniff of goal of the night, just six minutes into a very chilly affair as Jordan lofted a hopeful cross-shot towards the top corner that a watchful Brandon Hall was able to tip over the bar.

Opportunities were, in truth, few and far between but Pearson’s 15th minute shot for Harriers and, up at the other end, Wilson’s deflected attempt were among those that did arrive – those coming after Harriers had penalty appeals waved away as Ironside was tugged down in the area.

In the space of ten minutes either side of the half-hour mark, the best visiting chances saw good headers from corners spurred by both Ironside and Horsfall as a combative game never really showed signs of loosening up.

The second half was similarly in no sign of getting off to a flyer – the best part of 15 gone after the restart when a half chance for Ngwatala saw him fire the ball into the clutches of goalkeeper Urwin.

After the hour, a long-range effort from McQuilkin was high over the bar before Ngwatala, set up by Brown, sliced a shot off target when placed to have done much better with one of the night’s clearest openings.

A flashpoint then saw both sets of players and both benches come together as the game entered its final stages; Tyrone Williams sent off for his part in it, alongside his manager who was asked to take to the stands. For their share in the melee that really summed up the evening, Chorley defender Challoner and one of his management team also had their marching orders.

There was the better part of seven minutes added time to play after that, and Harriers went closest to what would have been an unlikely opening goal when Croasdale picked up the ball and shot – Urwin staying right behind it to hold at the death.

HARRIERS: Hall, Vaughan, Pearson, Horsfall, O’Connor, Croasdale, McQuilkin, Ngwatala, Ironside, Brown, Bradley (Wright 69).

Subs not used: Austin, Williams, Truslove, Palmer.

Attendance: 790 Referee: Benjamin Speedie