HARRIERS picked up three more big National League North points with a win over Southport at Aggborough.

John Eustace’s men were in control throughout against a Sangrounders side who had won three of their last four games, and all the key damage was done in a killer period of around ten minutes in the first half.

Emmanuel Sonupé began the scoring for the reds having gone close just moments before finding the back of the net with a drive that took a hefty deflection off Billy Priestley on its way through to the back of the net.

Within minutes it was 2-0 as a corner, not dealt with, was worked back out to James McQuilkin who re-delivered into the area and on to the head of Fraser Horsfall. Back in the team after suspension, the young defender made no mistake in nodding the ball beyond Jon Worsnop.

All before the half-hour, there were quick-fire chances for a Harriers third when Worsnop saved from McQuilkin and Priestley blocked away Croasdale’s effort, but another goal duly arrived with just 26 on the clock when Ironside’s looping header off another great McQuilkin delivery found the back of the net with Ngwatala on hand to try and help it over the line.

The swift strikes seemed to spur Southport from their stupor as it was at this point they had their better chances of the day, a fine header from Gilchrist going over the bar and Osborne, from 20 yards, having a shot deflected behind and away from danger.

Osborne was the main threat for Southport again after the break as he continued to chance his arm from distance while never really going close to troubling Brandon Hall.

Harriers soaked up long spells of visiting pressure in the second half and on a couple of occasions may have added a third, the industrious and forward-thinking Croasdale going close with a chip that nearly caught Worsnop off-guard.

With just 15 minutes remaining it was Worsnop who single-handedly kept the score at three as his fine stop prevented George Waring from making it 4-0. The striker on loan from Tranmere looked to have poked away Ironside’s knock-on, but a strong hand from the custodian clawed it away.

HARRIERS: Hall, Vaughan, Taylor, Croasdale, Horsfall, O’Connor, Weeks, McQuilkin, Ironside (Wright 80), Ngwatala (Austin 57), Sonupé (Waring 67).

Subs not used: Brown, Pearson

Attendance: 1,968 Referee: James Bell