KIDDERMINSTER travelled to Whitchurch without six key forwards for an already daunting challenge against a team who are unbeaten in league and cup this season.

KCs fell behind with barely a minute on the clock as Whitchurch used lineout possession fifteen metres out to slice through the midfield.

Outside centre Henry Hockenhull dotted down under the posts for the opening try, converted by winger Tom Skone.

Weakness in the Kidderminster pack was exposed quickly when a scrum on the Whitchurch 10 metre line was shoved back to the 22.

KC's fullback Chris May-Miller, back after injury, made a vital tackle to prevent a try but the visitors were on the back foot and conceded a string of penalties.

Whitchurch opted for six successive scrums and the pressure paid off when number eight Jack Furnival crashed over for a try, again converted by Skone.

A Whitchurch penalty was kicked to touch on 10 metres and from the lineout the home side moved the ball left and right before a pass back inside sent Skone over for a third try which he was unable to convert.

Kidderminster rallied and were given a bonus when Furnival was shown a yellow card but they were unable to breach a resilient defence and the interval arrived with them 19-0.

The visitors' frailties were exploited quickly with two tries conceded quickly after the restart, flanker George Cope touched down after a drive from five metres which Skone converted.

Three minutes later a poor lineout throw gave Whitchurch fullback Matt Davies the opportunity to cross the whitewash and add another five points.

Davies added another after a lineout drive and with ten minutes left prop Ian Gillespie led a breakout by the home side which was finished off by Hockenhull for another converted try.

Three minutes from time Davies missed out on a hat-trick when he dropped the ball with the line at his mercy but just before the final whistle blindside Jake Rees drove over from a Whitchurch scrum at the right corner and replacement Ryan Horton’s excellent conversion made the final score 50-0.

KCs have no fixture next week and travel to Leek on Saturday February 17 (2.15pm start).