Harriers 3, Stockport 1

HARRIERS took another important step towards a National League North play-off place with victory over Stockport County.

Goals from Joe Ironside, James McQuilkin and Dan Bradley gave Kidderminster the points.

Ironside netted the home side's first before County hit back during a frantic opening spell.

But goals in either half from McQuilkin and Bradley saw John Eustace's men to back up Saturday's success at Blyth.

The clash quickly burst to life with three goals in the opening 20 minutes.

It took the hosts just four minutes to open the scoring when Ironside curled home from the edge of the box.

The forward cut onto his left foot in a central position before his effort took a slight deflection on its way beyond keeper Ben Hinchliffe.

County nearly answered within a minute but Jason Oswell's effort was brilliantly kept out by Brandon Hall before James Pearson completed the clearance off the line.

However, the visitors did find a leveller in the ninth minute through Jimmy Ball.

The midfielder exchanged passes with Rhys Turner down the left channel and beat Hall at his near post.

Undeterred, Harriers continued to play on the front foot in an open contest.

They were back ahead after 20 minutes as McQuilkin bagged his first since November.

Bradley turned neatly infield and played in McQuilkin who had made a good run from deep. He took a touch and finished well beyond the advancing Hinchliffe.

Harriers started to get on top approaching the break with the lively Bradley nearly adding another in the 37th minute.

His curling effort from 25 yards out on the left was tipped away by Hinchliffe as the Reds took their narrow advantage into the break.

It was County that came out quicker at the start of the second half and the visitors worked the first chance when Matty Warburton's effort inside the area was well blocked by Jimmy O'Connor.

Harriers were close to adding a third in the 55th minute as they nearly took advantage of a miss-hit clearance.

The ball came back off a defender before Croasdale helped it beyond the stranded Hinchliffe. However, the ball came back off the post and into the grateful arms of the keeper.

The Reds did bag a two-goal cushion on the hour mark when Bradley fired home to complete a quick break forward after Declan Weeks had won the ball in midfield.

The attacker powered over the half way line, continued unchallenged and unleashd a drive from 20 yards beyond the keeper.

Sub Mani Sonupe then dragged an effort wide moments later as Harriers continued to push men forward.

Stockport also went looking for a way back as Turner blazed over after a loose pass as the home side tried to build from the back.

Sonupe then rattled the woodwork for the hosts with 10 minutes left on the clock.

It was Stockport that finished the stronger as Darren Stephenson drilled wide but Harriers dropped deep and dealt with the threat and see out the win.

Harriers: Hall, Pearson, Austin, Croasdale (c), Horsfall, O'Connor, Weeks, McQuilkin, Ironside (Brown 83), Bradley (Sonupe 61), Ngwatala (Waring 71).

Unused subs: Truslove, Digie.

Stockport: Hinchliffe, Cowan, Duxbury (Stephenson 67), Winter (c) (Turnbull 61), Clarke, Stott, Thomas, Ball, Oswell, Warburton, Turner, Unused subs: O'Halloran, Ormson, Smalley.

Att: 1,722 (236).