FREDDIE Morgan landed a late penalty as Kidderminster Carolians edged a cup thriller against Old Laurentians.

KCs won 25-22 last Saturday to book their place in the RFU Intermediate Cup (Midland Region) final.

Old Laurentians kicked off but within four minutes KCs took the lead as a loose defensive kick was gathered by Arthur Morgan. The ball was worked to Ryan Tiene who raced 60 metres to the try line. Freddie Morgan converted.

Tiene was soon at it again as he bagged a second try from 30 metres out to extend the lead further.

Old Laurentians quickly reduced the deficit by three points when the KCs' backs were adjudged offside in front of their own posts.

Kidderminster withstood heavy pressure for 20 minutes before OLs eventually made it pay near the posts. The conversion was landed to level matters.

The visitos remained in the ascendency and took a five-point lead at the break as the Laurentians' left-wing powered home on the stroke of half time.

Within two minutes of the restart, KCs went further behind when conceding another converted try after a speculative 'grubber kick' was blocked.

This setback seemed to spark the home side to life and Arthur Morgan selflessly passed to his brother Freddie to score in the corner, the conversion failed.

From the kick-off the ball was superbly taken by Andy Mclellan who gained ground before setting up a ruck, fast ball was delivered from this ruck and passed swiftly and accurately along the three quarters finally reaching Arthur Morgan. He beat several covering defenders over the next 50 metres to score the try which was converted by Freddie Morgan to level the score at 22 points all. #

Soon after an offside decision was given against Kidderminster but the penalty kick from in front of the posts was missed.

This proved to be the last scoring opportunity for Old Laurentians, although Kidderminster had a player yellow carded and were down to 14 players for a ten minute period.

However, with three minutes of the match remaining, the hosts won a penalty which was confidently kicked by Freddie Morgan to give Kidderminster the lead at the death.

The reward is an away clash with Kenilworth in the Midlands Final.