HARRIERS secured three more points in National League North with a narrow 1-0 away win at FC United of Manchester.

After landing awkwardly late in the previous game Bradford Park Avenue, Brandon Hall missed out with injury, meaning young goalkeeper, Tom Palmer, was handed his first start for the club.

Harriers bossed the vast majority of the first half, and had early sights of goal as both Chambers and Buttefield warmed the hands of Lynch with shots on target, a shot later deflected off Williams almost catching Lynch off guard as it was deflected towards his top corner.

Austin was a threat as an outlet and his cross fed Horsfall who drove at Lynch with 18 on the clock, the keeper standing firm to hold his effort. Chambers, seven minutes later, had a great chance to open the scoring as his fine run took him through on goal, his chip landing just over.

The pressure continued to build and it paid off three after the half hour as Harriers were awarded a penalty after a foul on Chambers - Ironside stepped up and calmly fired the ball into the bottom corner.

Three minutes later, a Williams cross supplied Chambers who got great contact on a half volley only to see the attempt held - United's only real chance of the half coming with three until the break as Lynch nodded over.

Willoughby gave United a sight of goal with a shot straight at Palmer just after the break, before Horsfall rose well up at the other end to nod a corner into the side netting.

A Chambers shot over gave Harriers their first chance of the second half on the hour, Austin following suit soon after having been played in by Ironside. Six minutes later, McAlinden kept the target ticking over with a shot over bar.

Harriers didn’t have it all their own way – Myers nodded wide at the far post when in a good position, the visitors ruing a miss on 71 minutes when Ironside planted a header from Taylor’s cross directly at Lynch.

McAlinden saw space open up in front of him and forced Lynch into a parry with 13 minutes remaining before Flowers fired over a follow-up, before Williams saw a shot cleared off the line and Richards, on as a sub, saw his effort kept out by Lynch’s feet.

Harriers: Palmer, Austin, Taylor, Horsfall, Johnson, Flowers, Butterfield, Willianms, McAlinden, Chambers (Richards 81), Ironside (Thomas 81).

Subs not used: Higginson, Penn, Heaton.

Attendance: 1,760 Referee: Elliott Swallow