HARRIERS sank to their first defeat of the season after a goal in each half saw them beaten 2-0 at AFC Telford United.

Harriers kept faith with the same starting eleven from the draw with Leamington, with John Pemberton naming an unchanged team.

Jimmy O’Connor, who missed part of pre-season with an injury, was withdrawn from the bench after picking up a knee issue in advance of the trip, Darragh Lowth taking his place.

With ten minutes on the clock, the home side had the first real chance of the night as McQuilkin drove wide from close range, Morley going close eight minutes later from a similar position as Cameron Gregory held his effort.

Telford kept the chances coming and fired over through Walker after 20 minutes, before Ed Williams had the visitors’ first chance; threaded through by Austin before seeing his shot well parried by Corey Addai between the sticks.

Two before the half-hour, Knights broke the deadlock for Telford by arrowing a volley past Gregory and into the far corner, before McQuilkin almost doubled the advantage by finishing off a good passing move, only for his final shot to rise up and over.

Lait’s curling effort on the stroke of half time went wide as the home side no doubt considered themselves unfortunate to just be the one ahead come the interval; Chambers going close to levelling matters with a header wide soon after the restart.

Austin, charging forward, curled a cross-shot wide of the target past the hour, but Telford had their second four minutes later; Harriers punished for not clearing their lines in the worst way, Williams poking home a finish after leaving two defenders red faced.

Just after, Knights almost made it three but was denied by Gregory’s save, before Johnson’s diving header looked a certain goal, only for Addai to intervene with a good save of his own.

Dinanga, a home sub, crashed into the side netting as Telford surged for a third, with Harriers endig the night without any further real chances to speak of; Williams’ free-kick too comfortable for Addai in added time.

HARRIERS: Gregory, Austin, Davidson (Scott 68), Johnson, R. Williams, Moyo, Butterfield, Weeks, Prosser (Peniket 51), Williams, Chambers.

Subs not used: Lowth, Higginson, Palmer.

Attendance: 1,557 Referee: Sam Mulhall