Ashley Chambers struck to give Harriers a second away win of the season, a 1-0 victory at Curzon Ashton.

John Pemberton kept faith with the same starting eleven that lost 3-2 to Gloucester City earlier that week, with injured goalkeeper Tom Palmer fit enough only to take part in the warm-up; Jimmy O’Connor once again missing altogether.

To say Harriers had dominated the play in the first half would be an understatement, but the hosts were well defended by custodian Cam Mason between the sticks. Ed Williams had a trio of half chances while Austin and Peniket each had openings early on.

Ashley Chambers was played through and denied by Mason on ten minutes, before the shot-stopper turned Peniket’s shot wide of the post, holding another mid-way through the half.

John Pemberton’s charges kept the target ticking over with Chambers shooting at Mason five before the break, the clearest of the openings coming three minutes later, when Davidson and Weeks exchanged passes before the wing-back fired towards the top corner, only for Mason again to interject with a strong palm.

Harriers had two chances to get themselves into the lead in the first 12 or so minutes of the second half as Curzon continued to struggle in getting to grips with their passing; Rhys Williams hooking a shot at Mason, before Austin, one-on-one, slotted wide on the angle.

The breakthrough wasn’t long in following, though, when Chambers was played through to cap another passing move; biding his time before tucking the ball beyond Mason for his fourth goal of the term.

Two past the hour, Johnson rose and got good contact on the ball from a corner but could only divert a header off target, Chambers also heading away from Mason eight minutes later.

The hosts had barely had a serious chance of note all afternoon long but, despite being comparatively idle to his opposite number for much of the day, Cameron Gregory was called into action with just six minutes to go. As Curzon looked to rally for a late equaliser, Sean Miller fired in a shot at close range that the stopper managed to keep out with a strong save.

Weeks had a brace of efforts in added time but, in the end, Harriers were able to see out the three points.

HARRIERS: Gregory, Austin, Davidson, Johnson, R. Williams, Moyo, Weeks, Butterfield, E. Williams, Chambers, Peniket (D. Lowth 83) Subs not used: Higginson, Scott, Prosser, Mountjoy

Referee: Paul Brown

Attendance: 307