STOURPORT Swifts came from behind to secure a 3-1 victory over visitors Coventry United last Saturday.

Swifts struggled to come to terms with a competitive Coventry side, in the first half, but two early chances fell to loan signing Cameron Peters from Bromsgrove Sporting, but he twice shot straight at keeper James Wardle.

In the space of four minutes United striker Jake Holt first blazed over on the turn after good work from Smith, then saw his fierce drive tipper around the post by Richards.

Richards then had to alert to turn over a goalbound header from skipper Matt Fulloway as he attempted to clear.

After 34 minutes Jamie Clarke looked to have put the Swifts in front after being set up by MacPherson, but his shot came back off the right hand post. Matt Gardner and Kyle Carey both tested Richards as Coventry finished the half strongly.

Manager Quentin Townsend introduced Lewis Platt at the break, but before Swifts could get into gear, Holt was sent clear by Aaron Williams, and he coolly slotted low past Richards after 52 minutes. A minute later Holt looked like he had increased the lead but Matt Fulloway cleared off the line in a scramble. Matt Hanson then replaced Birch and released Platt, becoming a constant threat on the left, who picked out Martin Slevin to level the score with a downward header from six yards. Swifts surged forwards in search of a winner, and Lewis Clarke, pushed back into midfield, gave his side a competitive edge missing in the first half. Jim Hanson skipped past fullback Melis Bushaj with ten minutes left, and drilled a low cross to the near post which Wardle could only parry, and Jamie Clarke was on hand to force in from a yard out to give Swifts the lead.

With four minutes left Cameron Peters broke into the box and was brought down by Bushaj, and Drew Canavan drilled low past Wardle from the spot to give Swifts a well earned three points.

Swifts are at home next Saturday in the FA Cup Preliminary Round to Boldmere St Michaels (3pm).