HARRIERS surrendered a first-half lead as they suffered a late defeat at Spennymoor in National League North.

With the announcement of the team news came the revelation that Harriers hand signed Brandon Diau, a 6ft 6 German forward, and handed him an immediate star at Brewery Field. Also in the starting line-up was youngster, Jaiden White, who'd been given his first start of the season.

Ed Williams and Richard Peniket remained out injured, but Cameron Gregory returned as one of the substitutes.

Glen Taylor, one of the division's most accomplished strikers, had some early sights of goal but had one effort ruled out for offside, while another was stuck off target - Moyo then beating him to the ball to prevent a hat-trick of openings inside 15 minutes.

Harriers had the better of it from there, though; White and Chambers combining well for the former to see an attempted shot blocked off, the youngster volleying wide at the mid-way point of the first period.

Three minutes later, the visitors were ahead and it was a well-taken ninth goal of the term for Chambers as he latched on to a ball forward and kept his cool before firmly driving the ball beyond Gould between the sticks.

It took until few minutes before the interval for the hosts to then register a further threat up top; Taylor heading over the bar before Palmer showed great alertness to react quickest and smother an inadvertent strike from Moyo, the skipper stretching to try and clear some danger.

Spennymoor began the second half brightly and were rewarded - after Taylor had gone alone and gone close with a shot wide, the equaliser arrived. Barely ten minutes had elapsed when a dangerous ball from the unchallenged Brogan was met by a composed header from Ramshaw who beat Palmer.

Magnay turned an effort over the target before the hour as the Moors looked to complete the turnaround, Harriers not making enough of a well-positioned Davidson free-kick up at the other end ten minutes later.

Palmer's reactions were again tested on 77 minutes - he did well to keep out a shot from Johnson that had picked up a deflection on its way through, the young custodian again thwarted Moors - and Johnson once more - from the resultant corner move.

The Harriers stopper, however, would be beaten with virtually the final move of normal time; Ramshaw this time turning provider as he charged forward and crossed for Taylor who nodded in the winner.

HARRIERS: Palmer, Davidson, Austin, Moyo, Williams, Johnson, Weeks, Butterfield, White (Prosser 61), Diau (Neligwa 84), Chambers.

Subs not used: Shenton, Gregory, Higginson.

Attendance: 1,036 Referee: Adam Williamson