HARRIERS picked up their second win from three games with a 3-1 derby day victory over rivals Hereford at Aggborough.

Shenton, who has featured sparingly for Harriers since joining on loan from Stoke City months ago, bagged a first-half brace to ease his side to a deserved success.

Hereford pulled a goal back through Reece Styche in the second period, before Ashley Hemmings nodded Harriers back in front with the third.

Before the game, there was mixed news for Harriers; Ashley Chambers was ruled out with a hamstring injury, but Ed Williams and Richard Peniket were back in the 16 after recovering from their own injuries.

Before the opening goal, Hereford had actually looked the more threatening of the two sides; Vincenti, Styche and Dawson all taking aim before Shenton grabbed his first for the club. The midfielder drove the ball through a crowd of bodies to break the deadlock after the visitors failed to clear their lines.

By the half hour, Harriers had doubled their tally after Shenton tucked an Austin cross beyond former Harrier Brandon Hall, the custodian showing good hands to keep out Correy Davidson five minutes later.

After being decidedly second best in the first half, Hereford were improved after the break. After Hall had saved from Butterfield, the deficit was reduced when Styche showed great alertness to fire home at the far post. Styche might instantly have levelled the tie within a minute, but fired over the bar.

Though that gave Hereford a boost, Harriers restored the two-goal advantage ten minutes later when Hemmings planted a great header back across Hall and into the net.

That appeared to punctuate the Hereford fight-back and Harriers, on the whole, saw the win out comfortably enough. They had to do so with ten men, however, when Johnson was given a second yellow card in what looked to be a harsh call.

HARRIERS: Mannion, Austin, Davidson (Peniket 81), Johnson, Moyo, R.Williams, Prosser, Shenton, Freemantle (E. Williams 68), Hemmings, Shenton (Higginson 88).

Subs not used: Palmer, Scott

Referee: Andy Sykes

Attendance: 2,117